To lead up to the game’s launch on Dec. 7, Nintendo is partnering with Wendy’s College Tailgate Tour, the largest traveling fan experience in college football, to bring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to notable football matchups to let fans play the game before heading into the stadium to cheer on their favorite team. The setup will feature a customized Super Smash Bros. Ultimate branded trailer with six gameplay stations and a large LED screen in dedicated tailgate areas outside of major college stadiums so fans can gather, play and cheer each other on as they compete in epic battles featuring their favorite video game characters – and maybe even emerge victorious against their own real-life rivals.
“Many of our biggest fans are now in college and have memories growing up playing one of the games in the Super Smash Bros. series,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “We want to bring Super Smash Bros. Ultimate directly to longtime and first-time players, and what better way than to combine two of college students’ favorite pastimes: video games and football.”
Wendy’s College Tailgate Tour will kick off on Sept. 22 at the Stanford @ Oregon game. The complete schedule is as follows:
- Sept. 22 – Stanford @ Oregon
- Oct. 6 – Alabama @ Arkansas
- Oct. 13 – Wisconsin @ Michigan
- Oct. 20 – Oklahoma @ TCU
- Oct. 27 – Clemson @ FSU
- Nov. 3 – South Carolina @ Ole Miss
- Nov. 10 – TCU @ West Virginia
- Nov. 17 – Miami @ Virginia Tech
- Nov. 24 – Michigan @ Ohio State
- Dec. 7 – The launch of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
- Jan. 1, 2019 – Teams and location to be determined
Now following through with family into Live gaming video facebook youtube.
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- MX vs ATV All Out’s new DLC Slash’s Snake Pit out now! - October 16, 2018
- Halloween is Almost Here! - October 16, 2018
- elementary OS 5 Juno is Here - October 16, 2018