Unknown Fate, has launched for PC and PC VR on Steam for $12.75, a 15% launch discount off the game’s normal $14.99 MSRP. At launch, the game supports HTC VIVE and non-VR PC gameplay, with Oculus Rift support coming via update.
“Players can now enter the strangely fascinating world of Unknown Fate to experience a mind-altering adventure playable in both VR and non-VR modes,” said Nikolay Baryshnikov, VP of 1C Company. “The early response has been incredible, and the game is only getting better with support for Oculus Rift and VR eye tracking functionality coming after launch.”
As seen in today’s launch trailer, Unknown Fate is a highly story-driven first-person adventure with many puzzles to solve and enemies to defeat. Players will become Richard, who suddenly passes from the real world into a surreal universe. There, he will encounter strange characters, unfamiliar artifacts, and scenes resembling Richard’s former life, of which he has lost all memory. Yet he feels the world he has come to inhabit is strange and distant; he somehow knows this is not where he belongs. He feels the urge to find out more about this surreal universe and the creatures inhabiting it—to find a way back to his real self and the life he cannot fully recall.
Engulfed in mystery, players will take cautious steps into the unknown in the game, only to find more questions. Reality will become uncertain.
With no way back and a strong urge for answers beating in your temples, you push on, striving to get a grip on the odd difficulties surrounding you, eagerly awaiting the moment your mind will become untangled when the thread of your journey finally unravels all the way. But there is some way yet to go…
- Story-Driven Adventure: Explore a strange and surreal world as Richard seeks to find his way back to reality
- Mind-Twisting Puzzles: Manipulate objects to uncover clues and find a way through
- Designed for VR and PC Alike: Experience reality and unreality in a truly immersive fashion
- Immersive Eye Tracking: Chart a trail to the answers you seek via object highlighting and environmental event triggers in non-VR mode at launch, with Tobii support also coming for VR
- Full Controller Support: Tracked controllers, gamepad, and keyboard/mouse are all supported
- Oculus Rift: Support for this additional VR platform will be added after launch
Unknown Fate is developed by Marslit Games and published by 1C Company, and the game has been rated E10+ (10+ for Everyone) by the ESRB. The game is now available on Steam with PC and HTC VIVE support for $12.75, a 15% launch discount off the game’s normal $14.99 MSRP. Oculus Rift support will be added after launch.