Twitch details new TwitchCon Ambassador Program, the return of Developer Day, TwitchCon Charity Plaza, and other experiences planned for TwitchCon 2018
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Social video service Twitch today announced TwitchCon 2018 tickets are now available for purchase at twitchcon.com/tickets. TwitchCon 2018 is taking place October 26-28 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California and is an event that celebrates the entire Twitch community. This includes content creators, their fans, moderators, and the brands that create products which have helped the community flourish.
“TwitchCon is a celebration of the many and varied interests of the Twitch community, from game play and design, to cosplay, fundraising, speedrunning, esports, and more,” said Kate Jhaveri, Chief Marketing Officer, Twitch. “In addition to bringing back and evolving programs that have been a hit with attendees in the past, we are adding new elements, like GDQ Express and the Ambassador Program. Whether someone is a streamer, a fan, or a member of the broader industry, if Twitch is a part of their lives, then TwitchCon is the ultimate family reunion.”
Among the many activities and experiences coming to TwitchCon 2018 are the following:
- TwitchCon Ambassador Program: What makes TwitchCon special is the creators and communities from all corners of Twitch who bring distinct ideas and perspectives to the convention. To showcase some of the unique and diverse talent in attendance, Twitch is introducing the TwitchCon Ambassador Program. Comprised of 15 Twitch Partners, the Ambassadors are involved in a number of activities before and throughout TwitchCon, including panels, stage content, Meet and Greets, and more. Attendees are encouraged to hear the Ambassadors’ stories and gain new insights and skills from their experiences. The TwitchCon 2018 Ambassadors are: Avajaijai, Data_Dave, DeejayKnight, DistractedElf, djarii, Elspeth, EXBC, Gibson,pokimane, Sequisha, Skybilz, ThatBronzeGirl, UmiNoKaiju, Wish, and Xmiramira.
- Artist Alley, formerly Creative Corner, will once again designate an area where Twitch artists show off and sell their pieces to attendees. Creative streamers who want to display and sell their products still have time to apply for space.
- TwitchCon Cosplay Contest is coming back and looking for cosplayers to compete in four categories (Needlework, Armor, Larger Than Life, and FX) with a prize pool of more than $70,000.
- Panels and Sessions are a TwitchCon staple with dozens every year that educate and entertain attendees. Call for Content is currently open with submissions being accepted until July 16.
- Expo Floor: The TwitchCon Expo Floor is where attendees can get hands-on with the latest games and gaming products with the amount of exhibitors growing year over year.
- TwitchCon Charity Plaza, in partnership with Tiltify, returns for the fourth consecutive year. Tiltify, the popular platform for content creator fundraising, will feature over 10 charities on the convention showfloor and on a featured live stream. The TwitchCon Charity Decathlon will also return with over 150 Twitch personalities representing the participating charities in a series of gaming, creative, and musical contests in order to become the TwitchCon Charity Decathlon Champion of 2018. In 2017, over $117,000 was raised for the 10 participating charities, with a goal to raise even more this year. Follow the Tiltify blog for when additional details are announced.
- Games Done Quick (GDQ) makes its TwitchCon debut with GDQ Express, a 50-hour speedrunning marathon benefiting charities taking place in TwitchCon Charity Plaza. GDQ will begin taking participant submissions on July 8-July 14.
- Developer Day: The second annual, one-day event happens at the Marriott San Jose on October 25, the day before TwitchCon. Developers and industry leaders will come together to share best practices on building interactive, shared, real-time experiences on Twitch through game integrations, Extensions, and more. To learn more and to request a ticket, visit the Developer Day website.
Additional TwitchCon information:
- Parking, transportation, and local San Jose activities: twitchcon.com/travel/
- Booth opportunities and sponsorships: twitchcon.com/sponsors-and-exhibitors/
- TwitchCon newsletter sign-up and general inquiries: twitchcon.com/stay-connected/
- Twitter: @TwitchCon
- Assets: TwitchCon 2017 photo album
Twitch is the leading social video service and community for gamers where tens of millions of people come together each day from all over the globe to interact around live and on-demand content. This includes watching, talking, and chatting about video games and esports, as well as traditional sports, anime, music, the creative arts, and other shared interests. Twitch also runs TwitchCon, the annual convention for celebrating the Twitch community. For more information about Twitch, visit our Press Center, Twitter feed (#Twitch), and Blog.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- TERA: RELOADED COMING TO CONSOLES APRIL 2nd - March 24, 2019
- En Masse Handing Out Four Months’ Worth of Twitch Prime Goodies - March 24, 2019
- VoidVR Announces I’m Fine - March 24, 2019