Real Racing 3 Qualification Time Trials for the McLaren Shadow Project open on Thursday 23rd August 2018.
Today, McLaren announced it is partnering with EA’s Real Racing™ 3 as the official mobile qualification game for its pioneering esports competition, McLaren Shadow Project. Qualification opens on Thursday 23rd August 2018 and entrants can take part in one of three time trials in August, September and October 2018.
One winner from each time trial will be invited to the McLaren HQ semi-finals currently planned to take place on 1 December 2018. Participants in the Real Racing 3 Qualification Time Trials can compete by driving the new McLaren 600LT.
'McLaren Shadow Project’ is a virtual racing programme that shadows McLaren’s real-world equivalent. The champion of McLaren Shadow Project 2018 will win a place on the new McLaren esports team for 2019 and go on to race online against the best teams in the world. The winner will also win access to the McLaren esports development programme, as well as an enviable stash of goodies.
Ben Payne, McLaren Director of esports, said:
“McLaren Shadow Project is the most diverse and dynamic racing esports competition on the planet. We are looking for talented racers from all countries and backgrounds, across all major platforms, and we are delighted to have partnered with Real Racing 3 on mobile. For McLaren fans this is also a fantastic opportunity to virtually test drive the new McLaren 600LT before it hits the road, as it is available to play in the game.”
For McLaren, the inclusion of the award-winning Real Racing 3 is crucial, with more than 400 million downloads. Last year’s finalist Henrik Drue, a surgeon from Denmark, reached the finals having qualified on a mobile racing game. He went on to out-perform most of the other finalists in the rigorous cognitive tests set by the McLaren team and more than held his own on the track.
Luis Gigliotti, General Manager of EA Firemonkeys, said:
“The Real Racing™ franchise is excited to announce our partnership with McLaren in support of their Shadow Project eSport competition and the opportunity for our fans to experience the McLaren 600LT in-game as a world-first. We could not be more excited to be partnering with McLaren on their innovative esport initiative as we continue to work to bring the excitement of motorsports to Real Racing 3 and to millions of players around the world."
How to enter the Real Racing 3 Qualification Time Trials for the McLaren Shadow Project:
- To take part download Real Racing 3 on your Apple or Android device
- Once in-game, login to the game using Google Play, Game Center or Facebook
- Complete the Tutorial races
- Select the McLaren Shadow Project Time Trial Competition event within the main menu
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Complete a lap to submit a time
- The time trials take place between: 23rd - 31st August 2018, 15th - 23rd September 2018 and 13th - 21st October 2018
- One winner from each time trial will be invited to the McLaren Shadow Project semi-final which is currently planned for 1 December, 2018.
- Global online qualification heats for McLaren Shadow Project kick off in August 2018 and run throughout the summer. Heats will take place on a number of games including Forza Motorsport (Xbox One), Real Racing™ 3 (mobile), iRacing and rFactor 2 (PC).
- Qualification is open to anyone over the age of 18. For a full list of the qualification events visit mclaren.com/esports.
- From the console and mobile qualification heats, semi-finalists will be selected and invited to McLaren’s headquarters in UK to compete for places in the finals.
- The finals will take place in January 2019, with the eventual winner joining Rudy van Buren as McLaren’s second esports champion.
- Selected qualifiers, semi-finals and finals will be live streamed by McLaren. Sign up for more information at mclaren.com/esports.
- Early-access release of Slash Roll announced on Steam - April 9, 2020
- GRAND STRATEGY RTS HYBRID ‘AI WAR 2’ EXPANDS WITH ‘THE SPIRE RISES’ - April 9, 2020
- Danger Scavenger is fast-paced action, cyberpunk-themed, - April 9, 2020