The Great Lakes DLC expansion out now for PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One
FANDOMFARE GAMING Rail tycoons, its time to expand your empire into new and exciting territories. After heading south to Mexico for the first DLC, Kalypso Media is thrilled to announce that the next update for its ambitious strategy title takes players north into the wilds of Canada in Railway Empire: The Great Lakes.
Budding entrepreneurs will make their journey into the wilds of Canada circa 1860, a country dominated by forest and tundra and where only a few sparsely populated settlements have managed to develop into larger towns. In order to further extend their rail empire, players must bridge the distance between the British colonies and reach economic independence by creating an effective infrastructure for the Great Lakes region in theall new scenario ‘Dominion Day’, spanning 1860-1880. Heading into Canada offers its own new challenges to players, as a new enhanced weather system has been implemented for all northern regions. However, this also allows for new tradeable goods such as fur and winter clothing to be transported to the 19 new cities on the Great Lakes map extension as you take stock of two new engines, Achilles (0-4-0) and Canadian (2-8-0), both only available in this DLC.
Railway Empire: The Great Lakes is available now on PC and Xbox Oneworldwide, and on PlayStation®4 in North America. The PlayStation®4 EU version will then release on 20th August. The DLC is priced at £6.99 (£6.49 PS4, £6.39 XBO) / €7.99 / $7.99.
In addition, as part of Railway Empire’s ongoing development, the game has just been updated to version 1.5, which introduces a new warehouse feature for supplying cities more easily and with less congestion on your network, as well as a range of other fixes and improvements.
About Railway Empire
In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, maintenance buildings, factories and tourist attractions to keep your travel network ahead of the competition. You’ll also need to hire and manage your workforce if you want to ensure an efficient train service, whilst also develop over 300 technologies ranging from mechanical improvements to the trains themselves to workplace infrastructures and advanced amenities as you progress through five eras of technological innovations.
However, you can’t just build and research your way to the top – the competition never sleeps, and to keep your business ontrack you’ll have to survive against up to three rival tycoons. To get to the top you may have to resort to more cutthroat tactics as you attack and sabotage your opponents through raids and industrial espionage.
Features of Railway Empire
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game, and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies
To register your interest for Railway Empire: The Great Lakes review code, please email the UK PR team with your preferred platform, or request access via Keymailer. Full game of Railway Empire required to play.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- HyperX Announces HyperX QuadCast Microphone for Streamers and Casters - March 25, 2019
- Arcade racing is back! Launch trailer for Xenon Racer is now live - March 25, 2019
- Spacelords First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sööma - March 25, 2019