FANDOMFRE GAMING 15 August 2018, Cologne
- More than 95 speakers report on the potential of computer games
- Opening with Nathanael Liminski (Head of the State Chancellery of North Rhine-Westphalia) and Henriette Reker (Mayor of the City of Cologne)
- Politics Arena "Debat(tl)e Royale" with top politicians from CDU, SPD, FDP, Die Linke, and Bündnis 90/Die Grünen
- BDI, German Culture Council, GMK, and VGBA as partners
- Get the last tickets now at www.gamescom-congress.de
95 speakers from Germany and abroad as well as top politicians will debate and make presentations at the 10th gamescom congress in Cologne, on Wednesday, 22 August 2018. The congress showcases the potential of computer and video games and in which ways gaming technologies are a key driver of digitalisation in almost all areas of society and economy. As such, the gamescom congress attracts attendees from far beyond the digital and media industries. Participants include representatives from different industries, creative artists, educators, politicians, scientists, and journalists. Last tickets are available until the end of 21 August 2018 at www.gamescom-congress.com.
Even for top politicians, the congress is in great demand. After the opening with Nathanael Liminski (Head of the State Chancellery of North Rhine-Westphalia), Henriette Reker (Mayor of the City of Cologne), Katharina C. Hamma (COO Koelnmesse GmbH) and Felix Falk (Managing Director game – the German Games Industry Association), the "Debat(tl)e Royale" will start off the exciting congress. Annegret Kamp-Karrenbauer (CDU), Lars Klingbeil (SPD), Nicola Beer (FDP), Jörg Schindler (Die Linke) and Michael Kellner (Bündnis 90/Die Grünen) will join the discussion. The debate will be moderated by YouTube stars Sophie Laurent and Peter Smits. "Debate(l)e Royale" will be livestreamed on 22 August 2018 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on www.gamescom.de. The community can participate in the discussion via the hashtags #DebattleRoyale and #gcc18.
Amongst this year's renowned speakers are Abdulaziz Alshehri (FIFA World Champion), Katja Böhne (Frankfurter Buchmesse), Maxime Durand (Historic researcher, Ubisoft), Christoph Krachten (United Creators), Aleissia Laidacker (Magic Leap), Mickey Maher (Axiom Zen), Mathias Gredal Nørvig (SYBO Games), Veronika Rücker (DOSB), Nicole Schlautmann (Pfizer), Elisabeth Secker (USK), Axel Voss (Member of the European Parliament), Tiemo Wölken (Member of the European Parliament) and Olaf Zimmermann (German Culture Council). All speakers and the complete programm can be found at www.gamescom-congress.de.
Partners of gamescom congress 2018 are BDI – Federation of German Industries, German Culture Council, GMK – Society for Media Education and Communication Culture, and Video Game Bar Association.
The events at the gamescom congress are subdivided into five key subject areas:
- Living with games (examples: commemorative culture, eSports, art)
- Learning with games (examples: media education, youth protection)
- Innovation with games (examples: artificial intelligence, health games)
- Economy and games (examples: brand universes, games for industry, influencer marketing)
- Law and games (examples: GDPR, copyright law)
Start and end of the event:
The doors to the gamescom congress 2018 will open on 22 August at 09:00 a.m.
The conference will take place in the Congress Centre North at the Koelnmesse, and will finish at 6:00 p.m.
- The ticket shop can be accessed at www.gamescom-congress.com.
- Tickets purchased on the day will cost Euro 85.00.
- Tickets for students and educators cost Euro 35.00 (proof required).
- The congress tickets can be combined with entrance tickets to gamescom (trade and private visitors) for an additional fee.
Press accreditations: http://bit.ly/2uLfqxt
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\