Twitch new streaming categories With so many streamers on Twitch, we need to give you better ways to describe your stream when you go live.
In mid-September we will remove IRL and Creative as categories and add more than 10 new categories, which will let you better describe the content of your streams. These categories will be added to the Browse page, which will be updated to show gaming and non-gaming categories in a single view. You can see the list of categories below, and share your feedback or suggestions for additional categories here.
We are also saying goodbye to Communities and introducing Tags, which will let you describe your stream in even more detail beyond the category you’re streaming. Learn more about Tags and Communities here.
These are the new categories we plan to add:
- Art - For all the artists creating paintings, illustrations, animation, comics, photography, and more, whether you’re using digital or traditional methods or techniques.
- Hobbies & Crafts - Use this category when you’re crafting real world objects or working on DIY projects. Includes making costumes, sewing, sculpture, LEGO, woodwork, metalwork, and more.
- Food & Drink - From cooking to eating and everything in between, this category is for anything related to the creation, culture, or consumption of food and drinks.
- Music & Performing Arts - Use this category when you’re dancing, singing, composing music, playing an instrument, and more.
- Beauty & Body Art - Use this category when you’re streaming makeup, skincare, bodypainting, tattooing, and more.
- Science & Technology - Use this category when you’re streaming activities like software development, game design, science experiments, engineering, or robotics.
- Just Chatting - This category is for conversations between streamers and viewers, like when you’re warming up at the start of your stream, doing Q&As, or live vlogging.
- Travel & Outdoors - Whether you’re exploring a new city or just hanging out in your hometown, this category covers all your walking-and-talking needs.
- Sports & Fitness - From team sports to training solo, this category includes everything you’d do in a gym and more.
- Tabletop RPGs - Finally a place to stream all the tabletop RPGs you love.
- Special Events - This is where you’ll find big events like TwitchCon, E3, and PAX, as well as special announcements from game developers and publishers.
- Talk Shows & Podcasts - This category name gets an update for all the podcasters out there.
- ASMR - A centralized place for ASMR content.
Why combine games with non-gaming categories?
- We learned from Communities that having multiple directories made it harder for non-gaming streamers to build an audience and prevented streamers from exploring the full range of content they were interested in streaming.
- Combining games and non-gaming categories into one directory improves visibility for non-gaming streamers.
- Tags will let viewers filter for the categories and streams they’re interested in watching, which makes a mixed directory more manageable.
Why split up IRL and Creative?
- Creative and IRL have become catch-all categories that don’t help describe the content of a stream
- New categories give you more accurate ways to describe your stream and help viewers find you
- Tags will let you add even more detail beyond the category you’re streaming
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Double Trouble DLC announced for Wargroove - October 14, 2019
- Billy Bomber – a new logic game debuts on Nintendo Switch - October 14, 2019
- Press Release of Computer Tycoon by Progorion – 2019.10.14. - October 14, 2019