Twitch Adds Tags With so many streamers on Twitch, we need to give you better ways to describe your stream beyond just the game or category you’re streaming.
In mid-September Twitch Adds Tags so you can help viewers see what makes your stream unique, even when you’re streaming a popular game or category. We are also saying goodbye to Communities and applying what we learned from Communities, Creative, and IRL to introduce more than 10 new categories to Twitch. Learn more about the new Categories here.
Our goal is to connect you to the viewers who are most interested in what you’re streaming and are most likely keep coming back to watch you again. Viewers will be able to filter by tags within a directory, or across different games from the Browse page, making it easier for them to find the types of streams they’re interested in and hopefully discover new streamers along the way.
Choosing what to watch gets harder as Twitch gets bigger.
Why remove Communities?
- In May 2018, you could browse Fortnite streams and see as many as 18,000 different live channels in the directory. That’s a 6x increase even from just last year.
- With that kind of growth, we can’t expect viewers to read every stream title in a directory, so we need new ways to help viewers figure out which stream they want to watch.
- Tags will have a common structure that lets viewers create filters and learn more about each stream in a consistent, easy to see way.
Communities were one solution for giving viewers information to help them decide what to watch, but viewers weren’t able to see that information while browsing within a directory they were interested in. The open nature of Communities also led to confusing overlap between different Communities or between Communities and games. When we learned that less than 3% of Twitch viewership came from users who found streams using Communities, it was clear that Communities were not helping viewers find new streamers to watch. As a result, we are saying goodbye to Communities and introducing Tags, which let viewers filter within directories to find streams and discover new channels based on what they’re interested in watching.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Community-created, Ylands, Leaves Early Access and Jumps into Free-to-Play, Today! - December 6, 2019
- THQ Nordic and Airship Syndicate Kick-off Darksiders Genesis Console Pre-Order - December 6, 2019
- Road to Guangdong | Free Weekend Kicks Off Today - December 6, 2019