HeroCraft and Studio Mono targeting a release later in 2018 for their labour-of-love RPG, eight years in the making
3 AUGUST 2018 – INSOMNIA: The Ark, Publisher HeroCraft
The labour-of-love RPG – in development for more than eight years at ten-person Studio Mono in Samara, Russia – will feature more than 60 hours of content, as players explore a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization.
Players will explore more than 70 unique locations, populated by 250 key characters uttering over 200,000 words of dialogue. The epic story can be completed alongside four NPC companions, and there will be 12 different endings at which the player can arrive, depending on their choices throughout the game.
Following a successful closed beta exclusive to Kickstarter backers in late May, HeroCraft and Studio Mono have today opened up the next phase of beta testing – inviting those who signed up via the INSOMNIA website to play through a substantial early section of the game. Player feedback will be used to inform final balancing and refinement, in addition to already-planned revision of the game’s pacing and animation systems.
INSOMNIA: The Ark is a dieselpunk sci-fi RPG about the slowly degrading remnants of human society attempting to survive on an abandoned space metropolis. Players will develop their character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions, and try to stay alive in this brutal world.
Vitaly Makarov, CIO at Studio Mono, said: “We opened a small closed beta for our Kickstarter backers a couple of months ago and got valuable feedback from players, as well as taking the game to several events where we were nominated for a number of awards. Now it’s all coming to the end. After almost nine years of development, we’d love to keep adding content, but we have to let it go eventually!”
He added: “From this new beta, we hope players will help us make INSOMNIAas good as it can be – but just as importantly, that they’ll enjoy and appreciate the work of a small indie team trying to make their dream game.”
INSOMNIA: The Ark will release for PC later in 2018.
- Exploration is rewarding… and dangerous – Survive hunger, thirst, fatigue while searching for valuable technology and resources in over 70 unique locations. Pay attention – INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards.
- Personalized journey – Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a large amount of craftable items and equipment. Choose your gear wisely – every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.
- Сhoices matter – Navigate a non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’ that encourage unorthodox approaches and 12 different story endings. Your character’s chosen background plays a role in how you interact with NPC’s and factions, as well as influences the outcomes of certain quests.
- A rich universe – Experience a neo-noir world with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark ambient soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- openSUSEReleases Leap 15.1 Version - May 22, 2019
- Ancestors Legacy expands with a brand new DLC called Saladin’s Conquest - May 22, 2019
- Hearthstone Rise of the Mech Event Coming June 3 with Card Buffs and More - May 22, 2019