Arma 3 players receive free bonus content in today's Encore Update
Destroyer ship "USS Liberty", SAM systems, radar sites, and more
Prague, Czech Republic, August 1st 2018
Entering its fifth year of post-launch support, Bohemia Interactive today released the 81st platform update for its combined arms tactical military shooter, Arma 3. The Encore Update (1.84) delivers a wide variety of free new bonus content to all 4+ million Arma 3 players, such as a NATO destroyer ship, surface-to-air missile systems, radar sites, missiles and bombs. The free new content, which was created by third-party developer BRAVO ZERO ONE Studios (co-developer on last year's Jets DLC), enables players to enjoy more diverse and immersive scenarios, while introducing more balanced options for ground-to-air combat and vice versa.
The highlights of the Encore Update include:
- "USS Liberty" Destroyer Ship - The NATO carrier strike group has a new addition; a destroyer-class ship with detailed interiors and new naval fire-support options. It's also capable of launching/recovering small naval vessels and helicopters. The USS Liberty is a static object that can be placed and moved around the map via the in-game Scenario Editor.
- "MIM-145 Defender" SAM System & "AN/MPQ-105" Radar System- A stationary missile system used by NATO forces that presents a beyond-visual-range threat to even the most modern of aircraft. It can make use of the Data Link connection via the AN/MPQ-106 radar system.
- "S-750 Rhea" SAM System & "R-750 Cronus" Radar System - The CSAT faction's variant of a stationary long-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) system capable of engaging aerial targets from beyond-visual-range. It works in tandem with the R-750 Cronus radar system connected via the Data Link.
- Anti-Radiation Missiles & Small Diameter Guided Bomb - Both NATO and CSAT receive new anti-radiation missiles, which are designed to auto-lock on ground targets that have their active radar sensor switched on. NATO fighter jets can also be equipped with new, relatively small, air-to-surface precision-guided bombs.
Besides the new content, version 1.84 also implements various adjustments to all of the official Arma 3 scenarios and campaigns released so far. These improvements are aimed at making sure that even the older playable content makes optimal use of the assets and gameplay features that were introduced to the game over the past few years. The full update changelog is available here.
The Encore Update is the second major milestone on Arma 3's development roadmap for 2018. Later this year Bohemia Interactive will release a singleplayer scenario, codenamed "Old Man". This scenario will be free to all owners of the Arma 3 Apex expansion, and will experiment with more open-world gameplay. The studio is also working on a new initiative that will enable a selection of talented third-party developers to publish new original work as official DLC for Arma 3 on Steam. More information can be found in the recently posted Roadmap 2018 devblog.
About Arma 3
Arma 3 is the latest installment in Bohemia Interactive's award-winning Arma series, and offers a truly authentic combat experience in a massive military sandbox. Set across richly detailed large scale terrains, the game features a diverse range of official and unofficial singleplayer and multiplayer content, complemented by a wide variety of weapons, gear, equipment, vehicles, and different factions. An in-game scenario editor enables players to create their own scenarios. These custom scenarios can be shared and installed via the Arma 3 Steam Workshop, alongside player-created addons and total conversions. Arma 3 is available for Windows PC and has sold more than 4 million copies to date. More information about Arma 3 is available at www.arma3.com.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE REVEALS OPERATION PHANTOM SIGHT - May 19, 2019
- Guard of Wonderland Game - May 19, 2019
- Robolinux 10.5 Versions update - May 19, 2019