Mary Skelter: Nightmares is unleashed on PC today
Ghostlight will release Mary Skelter: Nightmares, a dark and unique fairy-tale themed dungeon crawler from Compile Heart, on both Steam & GOG today, priced at $24.99 with and 40% launch discount reducing the price to just $14.99
When released on PlayStation Vita in 2016, Mary Skelter: Nightmares received some very positive reviews:
Gaming Ages said: "There are many ways this game could’ve come off as just another Japanese DRPG. To its enormous credit, it avoids all those pitfalls, and makes an interesting game in the process." A-
Digitally Downloaded said: "Mary Skelter is sublime. By turns darkly sensual and horrific, it's also beautiful, ravishing, and backed by truly expert level design and a clean, clever combat system. This game is too different to effectively compare to other dungeon crawlers, but I must say, of all the many games in this genre that I've played, this one will sit with me for a very long time into the future."4.5/5
Dual Shockers Said "Mary Skelter: Nightmares provides the dungeon crawling experience fans of the genre crave. The game offers a unique battle system that requires attention and skill to master, many different ways to customize characters, and large dungeons to explore with many hidden rooms and valuable loot." 8.5/10
Video Chums Said "Mary Skelter: Nightmares is one of the most delightful and impressive RPGs that I've played in a long time. Both old-school dungeon crawler fans and those curious about the genre definitely have a bloody enjoyable adventure ahead of them. " 8.2/10
More on Mary Skelter: Nightmares:
The "Jail" suddenly appeared a number of years ago, sinking the city deep into the ground. There, this impenetrable living prison 666 metres beneath the surface, held power over eerie creatures called "Marchens." Within the prison was a boy named Jack - living a life of suffering, tortured day in and day out, in a world where all dreams, hopes, peace, and humanity had been lost for as long as the people could remember. Then one day, amidst the darkness that prevailed, a girl who called herself a member of the Blood Team appeared before Jack, holding giant scissors dripping in blood! This marked the beginning of fate - of Jack's and the Blood Maidens' escape from the Jail...
Jack and the Blood Team will face countless perils in regaining all that has been lost, to finally escape once and for all!
• Customize your characters with 20+ jobs, each with their own unique skillset and stats!
• Challenging Nightmares chase you through the dungeons – use special abilities to lay traps and gain advantage before battle! Some say there are giant Nightmares so large they span multiple floors…
• Fill your blood meter to transform and deal more damage in the powerful Massacre mode, or reduce it to heal the party and receive stat boosts!
• Explore the twists and turns of the Jail and satisfy its bloody curdling desires to earn helpful Jail Bonuses in your quest to escape!
Ghostlight have also indicated that they have made lots of improvements for the PC version of Mary Skelter: Nightmares, including Cloud Saving, Steam Trading Cards, Steam Achievements, key rebinding and the option of using mouse & keyboard or gamepad, amongst others.
Established in 2004, Ghostlight specialise in bringing the best in Japanese gaming to the PAL region. Ghostlight have released numerous JRPGs such as the Agarest series, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and multiple entries in the Shin Megami Tensei series, including Devil Survivor Overclocked and Persona 3 Portable. Ghostlight have recently released Omega Quintet, Lost Dimension, Sorcery Saga; Curse Of The Curry God on PC as well as titles from Acquire’s respected Way of the Samurai series. http://www.ghostlight.uk.com/
- KRAFTON, INC. ANNOUNCES THE FUTURE OF BATTLE ROYALE, PUBG: NEW STATE - February 25, 2021
- Illegal Transporter Simulator will allow you to experience the real road experiments - February 25, 2021
- Yupitergrad jumps into PlayStation VR today! - February 25, 2021