Gaming at a glance;
The Long Reach; a thrilling horror adventure game with a sceptical view on the human psyche out now on Xbox One.
Gaming at a glance Merge Games and Painted Black Games, a Ukrainian / Russian indie game developer, are pleased to announce the release of The Long Reach on Xbox One. At its heart it’s an adventure game but closer inspection also reveals it’s a thrilling horror story, flavoured with sci-fi ideology, psychological context and a sceptical view on the human psyche.
The Long Reach takes place in New Hampshire, in the fictional town of Baervox. The game draws its inspiration from Lone Survivor and The Cave and all the classical adventures (except that The Long Reach is set in the present day). You don't play in a post-apocalyptic world or explore a fairy-filled fantasy world. You’re in the thick of it, just around the corner from the place where you buy your groceries.
- The Long Reach is a horror-thriller hell bent on screwing with your perception of things.
- The game misuses stunning pixel art to create gruesome and unsettling images.
- You’ll be playing as Calvin throughout the game - this is an example of the lies and deception that we have in store for you.
- You won’t be forced to figure everything out. Escape if you wish, in fact we encourage you to run for your life!
- Solve puzzles that require thinking outside the box. The box provided by our publisher was never used during the development.
- You’ll be able to talk with plenty of characters. In fact, you’ll have a chance to pitch in every five lines or so.
- A classic adventure game inventory filled with keys and weird stuff (note: no Elvish swords glowing faintly blue when evil is close in this game).
- Original atmospheric and haunting soundtrack. The composer's not right in the head, he brought weird stuff home to use in the soundtrack. We’re all concerned for his cat.
The Long Reach is set for digital release Xbox One on Wednesday July 17, 2018 – all versions priced at (£12.99, €14.99, $14.99).
Review codes available on request. For more information, please contact: Nick Clarkson - [email protected]
Assets can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjm9a4acbo0havl/AABmCDY8r8BcI7BHhBWZ0nAda?dl=0
Merge is an independent video game publisher and distributor based in Manchester, UK. The company publishes and distributes interactive software worldwide for personal computers and video games consoles. Merge also specializes in publishing collectable games for retail and worldwide digital distribution for independent developers. More information about Merge products can be found at www.mergegames.com.
About Painted Black Games
Painted Black Games is a young Ukrainian mini game-dev-studio comprising of four people. Lead by producer and coder, Roman Tomilin, Painted Black is making its first game - a philosophic thriller adventure, The Long Reach. The creative process started in 2015. Everyone, who has had a hand in the game brought a unique view and improved it. The creation of Painted Black Games wasn’t an accident, it was the only logical result of people passionate about creating games meeting each other. Find out more about Painted Black Games and The Long Reach at www.thelongreachgame.com
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Esports Media Network and Tournament Platform “Esports Pro League” (ESPL) Signs “Axis” as First Malaysian Franchise Partner - November 14, 2019
- Launch Edition includes digital Dark Horse Digital Comics bundle + Launch Trailer - November 14, 2019
- MapleStory Glory Update Brings New Anima Thief Class, and Events Coming on November 20 - November 14, 2019