The 2018 Canadian Modern Pentathlon Championships start Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5, 2018, in the town of Orangeville, Ontario and nearby area.
Pentathlon Canada – Over 30 athletes from British Columbia, Alberta, Quebec, Ontario, USA, Chile and Pakistan will compete in the Olympic sport of Modern Pentathlon which consists of five sports beginning with equestrian show jumping on Friday. Saturday starts with freestyle swimming followed by épée fencing and a final laser-run event (combined laser pistol shooting and cross-country running). Sunday is the Team Mixed Relay event with swimming and fencing before concluding with the laser-run relay.
The Senior Men’s competition promises to be one of the most hotly contested divisions. Competitors include 2018 Ontario Champion and 2015 Pan American Games team member Garnett Stevens (Rockland ON), National team member Christopher Rudolph (Orangeville ON) and up and comer Robert Bonomo (Ottawa ON).
The Women’s events highlight Abigail Edison (Calgary AB) and National Team member Kelly Fitzsimmons (Toronto ON). Abigail placed 14th at the 2018 Youth World Championships putting her in an excellent position to qualify for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games. Kelly (Senior Women’s division) returns from training in Europe and competing in the German Open Championships.
Abigail on the far left, picking up speed on the running course. Garnett looking for his next jump.
Friday, August 3
- Equestrian Show Jumping – Silver Fox Equine, Mono – 4 pm (demo ride before)
Saturday, August 4 (Note times for fencing and laser-run are approximate and follow after the previous events)
- Swimming – Alder Arena Pool, Orangeville – 8 am (warm-up starts at 7:45)
- Fencing – Orangeville Christian School, Orangeville – 10 am
- Laser-Run – Orangeville Agriculture Society Event Centre (OAS), Mono – 3 pm
Sunday, August 5 – Team Mixed Relay
- Swimming – Alder Arena Pool, Orangeville – 10 am (warm-up starts at 9:45)
- Fencing – Township of Amaranth Community Hall – 11 am
- Laser-Run Team Relay – Township of Amaranth Community Hall – 1 pm
Pentathlon Canada governs the sport of Modern Pentathlon in Canada, supporting our provincial associations and national team athletes in building a supportive environment. Pentathletes compete in five sports – Fencing, Swimming, Equestrian Riding (show jumping), and a final Laser-Run event (combined Laser Shooting and Running). For more information, please contact Shaun LaGrange (President) or George Skene (Media).
Now following through with family into Live gaming video facebook youtube.
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- RGX Showdown Now Available for Download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - September 18, 2018
- SEGA MEGA DRIVE CLASSICS COMING TO NINTENDO SWITCH - September 18, 2018
- iNutrients: Imagine the Entire USDA Nutrient Database on Your iOS Device - September 18, 2018