IMEX MEDIA UNVEILS GROUND-BREAKING VIRTUAL REALITY MUSIC EXPERIENCE WITH ‘RIFF VR’
Sing / Play Any Instrument Without Expensive Hardware Add-Ons; Stream Your Performance to YouTube; Take on Tracks From Rock Legends Like Kiss & Lynryd Skynyrd!
Expand the Experience with ‘Riff AR’ Mobile Companion App
NEW YORK, July 2, 2018 – Rhythm games, a genre in dire need of innovation, has a new gold standard as IMEX Media unveils Riff VR on Steam early access for $19.99 – offering players a 30% discount for the next seven days. Achieving a level of versatility and realism far beyond any of its predecessors, Riff VR lets players assume the role of lead-singer and/or play any instrument in the band without the need for any additional hardware. Compatible with the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, Riff VR takes users on a musical role-playing rock-and-roll journey from the VR garage to a stadium full of screaming fans.
Featuring over 20 hit tracks from their original artists such as Kiss, Lynryd Skynyrd, 3 Doors Down, Poison and .38 Special, Riff VR uses a proprietary patent pending technology to make guitar playing feel real without the use of any clunky accessories. Additionally, band members jam with you naturally thanks to motion capture graphics of professional musicians.
Expanding the experience, IMEX Media is also releasing a mobile companion app entitled Riff AR for iOS that flips the script and puts players in the audience or behind the camera to direct their very own music video using in-app camera tools, filters and more! The Riff AR app is available now for $3.99 on the Apple App store. Riff AR for Android devices is coming later this year.
“With this Riff VR/AR suite of products, we’ve given the power back to the player. No additional hardware needs to be purchased, no pre-set roles, no cover bands,” said Tony Shiff, CEO of IMEX Media. “Sing, jam on the guitar, play the drums, direct a music video with the AR app, etc. – it’s your journey to explore and enjoy on the road to becoming a rock legend.”
Additional features include:
- Build your fan base by streaming your performances to YouTube;
- Show off your skills by competing for points online using the Riff VR Steam Leaderboard;
- Multiple environments! Hone your craft alone in the rehearsal studio before progressing your band from the garage to a TV studio and finally the ultimate VR experience: rocking a stadium full of screaming, adoring fans!
The inaugural playlist for Riff VR / Riff AR includes:
- Europe - The Final Countdown
- KISS - I was Made for Loving You
- Night Ranger - Rock in America
- Grand Funk Railroad - We're an American Band
- Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite
- The All-American Rejects - Swing, Swing
- Everclear - Santa Monica
- Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down
- 38 Special - Hold on Loosely
- The James Gang - Funk 49
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Poison - Talk Dirty to Me
- X Ambassadors - Renegades
- Marcy Playground – Sex and Candy
- Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Telsa - Modern Day Cowboy
- Poison - Nothin' but a Good Time
About IMEX Media
Headquartered in New York City with an office in San Francisco, IMEX Media was founded in 2016 by three music industry veterans. The company’s mission is to create music industry-friendly interactive experiences using the latest virtual and augmented reality technologies. The company’s first release, Riff VR, was unveiled in July 2018 for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, alongside a mobile companion app for iOS, Riff AR.