Harpoon giant space monsters in Blacksea Odyssey, a brutal top-down shoot 'em up coming soon to PS4
Digital version launches next month, 10th and 11th July. Limited edition physical version also announced
27 June, 2018 – Ahoy, space-huntsmen! Indie publisher Digerati is thrilled to announce that Blacksea Odyssey, a savage, top-down rogue-lite space shoot ‘em up RPG brimming with colossal creatures and runic technologies, will be sailing the cosmic winds to PS4 on 10/11 July (NA/EU respectively).
Developed by Team Blacksea Odyssey, the game has a ‘Very Positive’ rating on Steam and garnered an enthusiastic response from the gaming press. Twinfiniteawarded the PC version of Blacksea Odyssey 4 out of 5, calling it “a bizarre and wonderful game”, while IndieGames astutely pointed out: “You surf on a missile and use a harpoon to rip limbs off of giant space monsters… if that doesn't pique your interest, then I don't know what will.”
Blacksea Odyssey will also be released in Asia, via publishing partner Eastasiasoft Limited. The PS4 digital version will launch 12 July. A PS4 limited edition physical version will also be released in July (exact date TBC) and will be available at Play-Asia.com for US$34.99. The physical version will be limited to 1500 units and will include: game disc (region free), manual, soundtrack CD, numbered certificate and collector’s box.
About the game
The hunt is on! Get ready to battle colossal space monsters in Blacksea Odyssey, a savage, top-down rogue-lite shoot ‘em up RPG.
The greatest huntsmen in the universe have gathered for the Blacksea Odyssey – a legendary tournament that plunges competitors deep into the cosmic abyss on a deadly hunt for the most fearsome creatures that dwell within the void.
• Brutal dismemberment: eviscerate deadly beasts by ripping them apart with your harpoon
• Massive bosses: take down true behemoths so colossal they span multiple screens
• Destructible everything: blast through space-scape environments with your ship, spear or harpoon
• Action-packed combat: reminiscent of classic top-down shooters mixed with modern RPG and rogue-like mechanics
• Expansive customization: forge millions of runic modifications for your spear and ship
• Hardcore rogue-like elements: perma-death, procedural levels, and incredible replayability
• Trophy Hunters: features a full set of Trophies, including a Platinum
As a publisher, Digerati is dedicated to helping independent developers bring their creations to market and into the hands of gamers. We take care of funding, distribution, marketing and production, leaving developers to focus on what they love – making incredible games and unique experiences.
Contact: [email protected]
About Team Blacksea Odyssey
Founded in 2015, Team Blacksea Odyssey is an independent game studio based in Orlando, Florida. The three-man team consists of Peter Milko (artist/animator), Percy Legendre IV(producer), and Sean Pinnock (programmer). They all graduated from the University of Central Florida, where they studied game design and development together.
About Stage Clear Studios
Stage Clear Studios is an independent games developer company founded in 2012 by professionals with a large background in the games industry. They develop their own games and also offer console porting services, full game development and art outsourcing.
Eastasiasoft Limited is an independent, Hong Kong–based developer and publisher of interactive entertainment specializing in video games and related media. Founded in 2007, eastasiasoft has published a diverse variety of titles in digital and physical format. Eastasiasoft is a licensed PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One publisher. Some of eastasiasoft’s recently licensed and published games are Ghost Blade HD, Reverie, Rainbow Moon, and the Söldner-X franchise.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Quantum Athletes Wanted! Nimble Giant Unveils New Recruitment Trailer for Upcoming Paradoxical Arena Shooter, Quantum League - December 15, 2019
- Das Boot VR Escape - December 15, 2019
- Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas Launches Today for the PC; December 16th for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One - December 15, 2019