Rise of Industry Resurrects Classic Tycoon Genre with Major Overhaul
Can you build a business empire?
Leicester, UK, 20th June, 2018
The days of the classic tycoon game are back as the 90s inspired game Rise of Industry has launched its major overhaul update on Steam Early Access and GOG.
Update ‘Alpha 6’ contains a complete rework of the tech-tree, plus new features that put you further into the shoes of a 20th-century industrialist. These features now include the addition of contracts, end-game content, terraforming, a new economy, automated warehouses and more. All additions to the game can be seen in the trailer below:
The latest features which were soft launched to Early Access testers have been met with massive approval from players with the average 30-days Steam review score currently sitting at over 90%.
Rise of Industry was shown to press at E3 last week picking up a ‘Best of E3’ nomination in the process. The latest development roadmap showing all the planned additions to the game was also revealed at the show and can be found here. The roadmap shows the post release schedule which will see additional features like multiplayer being added free of charge.
For more information about Rise of Industry, or to become part of the community, visit:
- Rise of Industry on Steam
- Rise of Industry on GOG
- Press Kit
- Discord Channel
About Rise of Industry
Designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth, Rise of Industry has enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced fans of the genre, while its simple-to-understand mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.
- Experience tailored for every player - Specialise in just trading, production, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
- Use PR & Marketing to gain favour (or repair damage) with your business partners.
- Build and manage a solid transportation network to enable efficient transfer of goods via plentiful trucks, speedy trains, boats and high capacity airships.
- Be prepared for fierce competition – Advanced town and city A.I., make for an intelligent and changing game world so you won’t be the only one looking for the best deal.
- Town personalities – adapt a suitable approach for every town or face their economic backlash.
- Huge, procedurally generated maps mean that you’ll always have room to expand your empire into whether in testing scenarios or sandbox mode where imagination is your only limit.
- Be quick to adapt to the current business climate with contracts, random events and quests keeping you on your toes and cash flowing in (or out).haha.
- Balance environmental impact with productivity, trying to meet your neighbouring town's demands.
- Ever-changing biomes will present different environmental challengesas you aim to make the most out of the map - Lose potential oil reserves as polluted tundra melts into fields or fertile grassland wilts and dies into arid desert.
- Ready for global domination? Bend and break your friends into economic submission in multiplayer-mode*
*multiplayer mode coming post release
For all media enquiries, please contact:
Patrick Cahill - [email protected]
About Kasedo Games
Kasedo Games is the 'digital first' - Division of Kalypso Media. The Kasedo Games label is committed to publishing high quality games, developed by handpicked and highly talented Indie developers. Titles under the Kasedo label include 'Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus', 'Rise of Industry', 'Project Highrise', 'The Metronomicon' and ‘Crowntakers’. www.kasedogames.com
About Dapper Penguin Studios
We at "Dapper Penguin Studios" believe that video games are an emotional and personal medium, not just a simple past time. We dedicate our very souls in making the best possible simulation games, trying to resurrect a genre that seems forgotten in the last few years. Having gathered industry veterans (former Blizzard and Trion employees, with decades of combined experience), we strive in providing an unforgettable and enjoyable experiences with enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced lovers of the genre, while its user friendly mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- STORY-DRIVEN RPG LYN: THE LIGHTBRINGER DELIVERS BEAUTIFUL ART STYLE TO MOBILE PLAYERS WORLDWIDE - March 18, 2019
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st - March 18, 2019
- Solus 4 Fortitude Released - March 18, 2019