Playne : A game designed to help players learn and practise mindfulness, to be released on Steam on the 22nd of June.
Edinburgh, Scotland - 19th of June 2018 : Playne is a game designed to help players learn and practise mindfulness by teaching a simple and effective meditation technique. The players meditation practise drives the gameplay and as the player meditates consistently, they will evolve their game world and discover the story of Playne while helping players find calm and wellness.
Feedback from our alpha testers:
- Over 85% of players who played more than once said they "felt better" after playing Playne
- Over 90% of players said that Playne encouraged them to meditate everyday
- Over 80% of players found the meditation technique easy to understand and practise
Feature of Playne:
- Helps the player build a consistent mindfulness habit.
- Teaches players a simple and effective meditation technique.
- The players meditation practise drives the game-play
- The world grows and evolves as the player meditates.
- The story progresses as the player meditates.
- Reduction of anxiety, stress, depression and many more benefits.
Playne is a video game currently being developed by Vismaya based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Vismaya is headed by BAFTA nominated film maker Krish Shrikumar who is the creative mind behind Playne.
“I first practised meditation when I was 8 years old and it was around the same time that I played my first video game. I remember how I could spend days saving the princess in Prince of Persia but anything over a minute of meditation was torture.
Now, after having built a consistent meditation practice, I kept wondering if meditation could be as simple as playing a video game. Could meditation be as easy to practise as it is to pick up a game and play? Playne is the attempt at answering these questions. ” - Says Krish.
Playne will be coming to Steam as Early Access on June 22nd and will also be released on iOS and Android later this summer.
Vismaya was formed in 2010 and was initially a film production company. Vismaya is headed by Krish Shrikumar who has directed various short films which have been shown in festival around the world including the London Short Film Festival, Fargo International Film Festival and Rushes Soho Shorts. Krish’s films also have been nominated for various awards including the BAFTA in Scotland New Talent award. Playne is Krish’s first venture into game development.