DEEPIN 15.6 – GREAT IMPROVEMENTS IN THE DETAILS
deepin desktop edition works on notebooks and desktops, and aims at providing a stable, efficient and easy-to-use user experience. Its clean user interfaces and the convenient interactions reduces the browsing and searching time, allowing users to have more time to work and study. The new release – deepin 15.6, offers the delicated interfaces and easy-to-understand logics to help users start quickly. No matter which operating system was used before, you can get started easily.
Compared with last edition deepin 15.5, deepin 15.6 mainly added disable display scaling function for HiDPI screens, left navigation bar and music cover plugin in Control Center; developed the welcome program and new Deepin Manual for easier use. Besides the further optimization of deepin desktop environment, a newlook Launcher was designed, Dock, Control Center and the relevant desktop components were optimized partly as well.
deepin welcome program, get new features quickly
The newly added welcome program demonstrates and guides deepin personalization. When boot after deepin installation, the welcome program will be automatically shown, playing video introduction and guiding you to set desktop mode and icon theme, which can be opened later by clicking “dde-introduction” icon in Launcher.
Improved desktop components, more thoughtful functions
Some of the new features are easy to get, while some are not and may be ignored. Even so, the detail fixing has never been stopped.
- Added support for open mounting disk on dock;
- Added left navigation bar;
- Added music cover plugin;
- Added the prompt when set auto login and login without password;
- Added palm detect settings for touchpad;
- Added scroll speed setting for mouse wheel;
- Added progress bar display when checking for updates;
- Added the prompt when there was not enough disk space for upgrading system;
- Added system source detection;
- Added support for configuring the wired network before plugging in the network cable;
- Added two setting items when enable IPsec in L2TP by creating VPN;
- Added “Disable display scaling” in context menu;
- Added Deepin Manual entry;
- Added the scrolling display effect when there were many users in the login interface;
deepin 15.6 not only included new features, but also fixed the bugs and optimized some functions based on the feedbacks from community users.
- Optimized the icon order on dock;
- Optimized the app name displaying on the tray;
- Optimized the display logic in multi-screen condition (dock is not in the middle of both screens any longer);
- Optimized the plugins on dock;
- Optimized the program logic for wallpaper storage and selection.
- Optimized account logic and prompts;
- Optimized the scroll effect;
- Optimized the interaction of notification list;
- Optimized the system volume range.
- Optimized the display effect for workspace switching.
- Optimized the logic of login interface;
- Optimized the login animation;
- Optimized the transmission speed of Deepin File Manager;
- Optimized cache display logic for wallpaper settings;
- Optimized the action and the animation effects of notification messages;
- Optimized the components performance and the resource consumption;
- Optimized the overall compatibility for other applications.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\