New York Financial Regulator Grants Virtual Currency License To Xapo
- The New York Department of Financial Services granted its virtual currency license called “BitLicense” to digital financial services provider Xapo Inc. to offer their bitcoin wallet and cold storage vault services.
- Additionally, the NYDFS also granted a BitLicense to crypto-exchange itBit, which was a Bitcoin only exchange, to offer four more emerging cryptocurrencies, Ether (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Stellar Lumens (XLM) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Read more…
Department of Financial Services Superintendent Maria T. Vullo said, “Today’s actions represent New York’s continued commitment to creating a thriving, global fintech marketplace. Through strong and thoughtful regulatory oversight by DFS, consumers and the virtual currency market alike will continue to benefit.”
DFS has conducted a comprehensive review of Xapo’s application, including the company’s anti-money laundering, anti-fraud, capitalization, consumer protection, and cybersecurity policies. The new licensee is subject to ongoing supervision by DFS. Xapo is a digital financial services companying offering Bitcoin products and services. Xapo will be authorized to offer a digital wallet and a vault service, which is intended as a safe and insured method to store Bitcoins.
Xapo President Ted Rogers said, “”We are very pleased with the approval of Xapo’s BitLicense application. It is the end result of much hard work, not just by Xapo personnel but by the DFS and its staff.”
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Spark Five Available On Steam, Itch, GameJolt - September 19, 2019
- MTGA PlanesWalkers working on our 2020Decks Getting Ready to Rummble - September 19, 2019
- Neo Cab Arrives on Steam and Nintendo Switch on Oct. 3rd, Demo Available NOW - September 19, 2019