St. Julians, Malta – Independent development team, CoreCode today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of MacUpdater 1.2.7, their new app updating utility for macOS. MacUpdater scans any Mac’s Application folder, quickly identifying installed applications that have updates available. Apps can then be updated with just a few clicks of the mouse.
In addition to its speedy manual scanning abilities, MacUpdater can be set to run automatically at startup, placing itself in the Menu Bar, where it runs quietly in the background. The app periodically checks installed apps for any available updates, notifying users when a new update is available. A handy numbered icon indicator keeps a tally of how many apps need updating, and the update process can be started by clicking the Menu Bar icon.
“While the Mac App Store does a good job of updating apps that are purchased in the Mac App Store, there isn’t a reliable way to know when the apps you’ve downloaded and installed from other sources require an update,” says CoreCode marketing manager Brigitte Zmoelnig. “MacUpdater gets rid of the drudgery of manually checking your apps one-by-one for updates, making it convenient to let the app take care of things.”
MacUpdater not only checks for available app updates, in most cases the utility can also download and install the update for you. When MacUpdater can’t automatically update an app, it can launch the app’s updater for you. The app even detects when Mac App Store apps need an update. While MacUpdater can’t update those apps, it can open the Mac App Store, so users can update the app there.
* Automatically tracks the latest updates available for installed Mac apps
* Finds the latest version that’s compatible with the installed macOS version
* Apps with updates listed in red for easy detection
* Provides one-click update for many apps, just click the “Update” button for any app
* Loads at startup, runs quietly in the background
* Low impact on system resources
* Notifies users when updates are available
* Filter Bar: Show all apps, or just apps that are not up-to-date
* Menu Bar icon indicates how many app updates are available
* Optionally makes backups of app before updating them
* Use concurrently on up to 5 Macs
* Free trial download allows updating 10 apps
* Total Privacy: No registration needed
* Pay just once, no subscription required
MacUpdater can detect available updates for over 30,000 apps, and the list is growing every day. The app can auto-update around 3,500 popular apps with the click of a button, and that list also continues to grow. While some application vendors, such as Microsoft and Adobe, don’t as yet allow updates outside of their closed systems, the CordCode team is working on it. The team is also working on the ability to queue multiple app updates, as well as the ability to view release notes for updates before updating.
“MacUpdater ensures your Mac’s installed apps stay up to date. Never again do Mac users have to miss out on important updates that bring new features and eliminate frustrating bugs,” says product manager Jamie Stevenson. “Our users tell us that they love the app, and they’ve been offering some terrific feedback that we’re using to make the app even better.”
* macOS 10.11 or later
* Compatible with macOS High Sierra
* 64-bit Processor
* 10.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MacUpdater 1.2.7 is a free download and is available worldwide exclusively through the CoreCode website. Users can scan for updates for free and update up to 10 apps for free. Users can pay $9.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) to unlock the ability to update additional apps. Review copies are available upon request.
Headquartered in St. Julians, Malta, CoreCode has been developing Mac software since 1998. The development team specializes in building awesome apps for macOS and iOS. The company offers a variety of free and commercial applications, with over a dozen commercial apps offer for sale and over two-dozen open source apps released to Mac users. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2018 CoreCode. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh Mac OS X and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- STORY-DRIVEN RPG LYN: THE LIGHTBRINGER DELIVERS BEAUTIFUL ART STYLE TO MOBILE PLAYERS WORLDWIDE - March 18, 2019
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st - March 18, 2019
- Solus 4 Fortitude Released - March 18, 2019