Asmodee Digital Brings Hit Board Game Scythe to PC and Mac
Stonemaier Games’ Dieselpunk Strategy Game is now Available on Steam in Early Access
PARIS – June 13, 2018 – Asmodee Digital, the industry leader in digital board games, announced today that Stonemaier Games’ Scythe is now available on Steam Early Access (PC/Mac) for $19.99. Developed by The Knights of Unity and published by Asmodee Digital, Scythe’s digital edition fuses dieselpunk-themed artwork by the game’s original artist, Jakub Rozalski, with a digital interface to bring Scythe to digital audiences while keeping the signature look and feel of the board game.
Check out the trailer: https://youtu.be/I547t1atk68
Scythe is an engine-building asymmetric competitive board game set in an alternate 1920’s period. In Scythe, each player represents a fallen leader attempting to restore their honor and lead their faction to power in Eastern Europa. Players conquer territory, enlist new recruits, reap resources, gain villagers, build structures, and activate monstrous mechs.
The Digital Edition of Scythe introduces an AI who replaces the Automata and excels at utilizing the specialties of each faction while streamlining the bookkeeping tasks – allowing the digital edition to maintain Scythe’s signature gameplay while being approachable to newcomers. Other new features include a custom-built interface, in-game chat and lobby systems.
“Scythe was a breakout hit among board game enthusiasts when it launched in 2016,” says Philippe Dao, Chief Marketing Officer of Asmodee Digital. “We are thrilled to work alongside Stonemaier Games and The Knights of Unity to give Scythe new life on Windows and Mac.”
“Ever since we launched Scythe to gamers worldwide in 2016, fans have asked us to make a digital version. We were excited when The Knights of Unity partnered with Asmodee Digital to make it a reality,” said Jamey Stegmaier, Scythe designer and publisher at Stonemaier Games. “It’s been a pleasure to see how the Knights and Asmodee Digital have combined forces to keep the game’s vision while adapting to the constraints-and perks-of the digital format.”
The physical edition of Scythe launched in August of 2016 where it received critical praise and won multiple awards including five BoardGameGeek Golden Geek awards, the Origins Board Game of the Year award, and many more.
For more information:
- Visit our website: www.asmodee-digital.com/en/scythe
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asmodeedigital
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/asmodeedigital
- Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/asmodeedigital
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/asmodeedigital ;
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/asmodeedigital
Now following through with family into Live gaming video facebook youtube.
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- ‘HIP-HOP STONER NOIR’ STORY-BASED ADVENTURE STONE PREMIERES TODAY - September 23, 2018
- “EXIMIUS: SEIZE THE FRONTLINE” EARLY ACCESS LAUNCHING ON SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2018 - September 23, 2018
- It’s a Wrap! The Alto Cryptogame Challenge Crowns a Winner - September 23, 2018