Emerson College Survey: Esports as Bridge Between US and China
Esports as Bridge Two new Emerson College surveys looked at the presence and opinion that people have of esports and video games in both the United States and China.
The results of these studies will be presented on April 5, 2018 at the College Esports Expo at Emerson College.
Key points from the studies:
- U.S. residents are familiar with the term 74% to 26%
- Chinese residents are familiar with the term 87% to 13%
- U.S. residents see esports as a hobby 66% to 34%
- Chinese residents see esports as a hobby 75% to 25%
- 71% of U.S. residents spent nothing for esports merchandise
- 28% of Chinese residents spent nothing for esports merchandise
- 60% of U.S. residents think that people play video games too much
- 53% of Chinese residents think that people play video games about right
- U.S. residents are 54% concerned compared to 38% that are not concerned
- Chinese residents are 58% concerned compared to 31% that are not concerned
- U.S. residents prefer playing alone 78% to 22%
- Chinese residents prefer playing alone 61% to 39%
- U.S. residents favored the console to computer 40% to 33%
- Chinese residents favored the computer to the console 57% to 5% (China had banned game consoles until 2014)
Esports as Bridge
Esports as Bridge
The Emerson College United States and China esports surveys were conducted under the Supervision of Professor Spencer Kimball. Full results and crosstabs are available at www.theecps.com
China Caller ID
- Data was collected March 27-30, 2018 via an online panel of Chinese residents provided by Survey Monkey
- The Credibility Interval for n=300 is +/-6.5 percentage points.
- Data was weighted based on the Chinese census by age, gender, and region.
United States Caller ID
- Data was collected March 27- April 1, 2018 via an online panel of United States residents provided by Survey Monkey.
- The Credibility Interval for n=400 is +/-5.7 percentage points.
- Data was weighted based on the American Community Survey data for the US by gender, age, ethnicity, and region.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\