Leeds, United Kingdom – Independent development team, Black Ridge Technologies Ltd. is today proud to announce the release and immediate availability of Gild – Colouring For Geeks 1.0.1, their premium adult coloring app for iPhone and iPad devices. The app is aimed at fans of manga, fantasy, and science fiction, and features curated artwork from some of the most talented artists on Deviant Art and Art Station.
In addition to artwork collections that can be colored time and time again, the app also provides a showcase for the work of some of the hottest artists around. In addition to their art, an introduction and a short biography is also available to introduce the artist. All of the information is available via a handy “About the Artists” option in the Options menu. In addition to a short blurb, a convenient link is provided to each artist’s website, so more can be learned about the artist.
“When we had the idea for Gild, we knew the market for ‘adult coloring books’ was huge, but we didn’t want to be just another ‘me too’ coloring book app. That’s why we contacted artists we found on Deviant Art and Art Station to work with them to include their artwork in the app,” says Black Ridge Technologies Producer, Matthew Prodger. “We know not everyone likes the same genre of content, that’s why we offer the user a chance to color in one piece of art from every collection of content from each of the artists, and you can then pay only for the art packs you want to color in.”
* Art from manga, fantasy, and science fiction genres
* Works from talented artists on Deviant Art and Art Station
* Free sample drawings from each artist and genre
* Buy only the art packs you want, via convenient in-app purchases
* Select from over 240 preset colors or create custom colors
* In addition to traditional colors, use precious metals, skin tones, and more
* Paint fill tool quickly fills large areas
* Pencil tool to fill in details, shadows, and highlights
* Gild a creation by applying various texture effects
* Use finished artwork for iPhone or iPad wallpaper or lock screen
* Share via email, text, or popular social networks
* Meet the artists in the “About the Artists” section
* More genres including technical drawings, and more artwork, artists, coloring tools, and texture effects are on the way
In addition to the usual coloring tool and color available in apps like this, Gild offers the ability to ‘Gild’ a creation by adding textures to the artwork. Textures include art paper, parchment, wood, stone, and brick.
The app allows users to color in one piece of art from the various artists and collections, allowing them to try before they buy. When a user finds an art pack they like, they can feel good about supporting the artists whose work they enjoy, as 80% of revenue from each sale of that artwork collection goes directly to the artist, helping them to keep delivering great content in the future.
“Gild provides a great way for users to express themselves, while enjoying the artwork of professional artists from their favorite genres,” continues Matthew. “I can’t wait to see what our users come up with. If they’d like to share their work with us, they can do so via Twitter or Instagram. Plus, we have some great art packs from more artists on the way, as well as new coloring tools and texture effects.”
* iPhone and iPad
* Requires iOS 9.0 or later
* 185 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Gild – Colouring For Geeks 1.0.1 is free and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Convenient in-app purchases starting from $1.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) are available to unlock complete art collections. Customers must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Black Ridge Technologies Ltd. was founded in 2001. The company’s programmers and artists have over 30 years of experience in software development, ranging from business apps to games and educational software. The team has worked with companies such as William Hill, the BBC, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, the National Trust, Royal Armouries, York St. John University, and Blackpool Council. Copyright (C) 2018 Black Ridge Technologies Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- A Fantastic Last Minute Gift Idea – Life Inventory for iPhone or iPad - January 22, 2019
- Adobe InDesign Plug-Ins and PDF Tools on 50% off Holiday Sale - January 22, 2019
- Calcularium is a Descriptive, Editable, Gesture-Based Calculator - January 22, 2019