Emma DE2 1.02 makes Linux available
Emma DE2 1.02 On May 21st 2018, the Emmabuntüs Collective is happy to announce the release of the new Emmabuntüs Debian Edition 2 1.02 (32 and 64 bits), based on Debian 9.4 stretch distribution and featuring the XFCE desktop environment.
This distribution was originally designed to facilitate the reconditioning of computers donated to humanitarian organizations, starting with the Emmaüs communities (which is where the distribution's name obviously comes from), to promote the discovery of GNU/Linux by beginners, as well as to extend the lifespan of computer hardware in order to reduce the waste induced by the overconsumption of raw materials (1).
Emma DE2 1.02
This release is intended to alleviate even more the refurbishing workload on all the associations using Emmabuntüs, notably our friend Robert who, during the last 4 years, equipped 17 kindergarten and primary schools, as well as our friends from the YovoTogo and JUMP Lab’Orione associations who, during the last 3 years, equipped 13 training facilities in Togo, among which 10 high school computer rooms. All theses structures are filled with refurbished computers, running the Emmabuntüs distribution, supplemented by free culture data like Vikidia, Wikipedia, children's book in epub format, etc.
As a reminder, this version includes the UEFI support for the 32 and 64bits architectures, and integrates the essential "Debian beginner's handbook", updated for the Stretch version by our friends of the 3HG Team led by our mate arpinux ;), this handbook being available in both French and English versions.
Also included are our latest presentation and installation tutorials already published on the Developpez.com site, as well as the one concerning the printer configuration under Debian, also available in both French and English languages.
This Debian Edition 2-1.02 version includes the following fixes and enhancements :
- Based on Debian 9.4 Stretch.
- Addition of utilities to automatically detect and configure the printer devices.
- Addition of Shutter.
- Addition of Darktable, but only for the 64 bits version.
- Addition of the LXDE installation icon within the XFCE menu.
- Modification of the script handling the screen saver images in order to be able to turn it off.
- Update of the Wiki.
- Updates of HPLip 3.18.4, TurboPrint 2.45, Skype 8.20 (64bits version only), VirtualBox-guest-dkms 5.2.10, MultiSystem 1.0423.
Now following through with family into Live gaming video facebook youtube.
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Georgia Esports League Championship Oct. 20 at GSU - October 17, 2018
- Gfinity Elite Series Delivered by Domino’s Season 4 to Start on Friday 26th October - October 17, 2018
- Rocket Jump Through Alien Worlds in Haxor on PC Nov. 29 - October 17, 2018