Baptism or War! Force the Choice in Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
Huge New Expansion Highlights Religious War
STOCKHOLM - 19 May 2018 - “One heart and one soul against the Christian name.” So went the message from Estonia after the routing of the Teuton invaders at Umera. The fires of faith burn hot, as local gods come under attack from a universal church that offers a stark choice - God or the Sword?
Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury is the newest and one of the most wide-ranging expansions to Paradox Development Studio’s beloved medieval grand strategy role-playing game. Take charge of a body of righteous warriors in Holy Fury, leading your army on a Crusade for the faith, or defending against attackers. Holy Fury takes its inspiration from the Northern Crusaders of Catholic Europe against its Pagan neighbors. Play either side in a new holy war.
In Holy Fury, Pagan rulers who reform their religion instead of converting will have a chance to design that new Reformed Paganism. A religion of peace or one of war? Will you be guided by the stars or bow to the whims of bloodthirsty gods? Who will lead this new church? Build a new creed on the ashes of the old ways.
Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Announcement Trailer.
Other features in Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury include:
- Shattered and Random Worlds: Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.
- Warrior Lodges: Join a Pagan warrior lodge and raid your way up the ranks, unlocking access to powerful allies and greater military skill.
- Legendary Bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others..
- Sway or Antagonize Your Neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
- Sainthood: Pious Catholics can become canonized, passing on their glory to their descendants and making their resting place a site of great value.
- Coronations: Feudal kings and emperors must find clergy to crown them, since all power descends from the heavens.
- New Crusade Events: Deeper gameplay for the religious wars of the era.
- New Succession Laws: A Pagan Elder Council may have the final word in how a realm is divided among heirs, or a ruler may challenge his brother to combat to unify a realm.
- And much more: Changes to religion, custom names for people or objects, deeper baptismal mechanics, lists of people you’ve killed, and other small changes for flavor and variety.
Like all Crusader Kings II expansions, Holy Fury will be accompanied by a major free update for all Crusader Kings players, including changes to how Crusades work.
Holy Fury is coming in 2018 for the suggested retail price of $19.99.