Nokia and Subisu to deploy fiber-to-the-home network to deliver new ultra-broadband services across Nepal
The FTTH deployment will help facilitate the Nepalese Government vision of a Digital society that connects 90% of the population to broadband services by 20201.
Subisu is rolling out the FTTH network to bring new ultra-broadband digital television (DTV) and IPTV services to Nepal.
Subisu was selected by the Nepal Telecom Authority (NTA) to build the FTTH network for eight districts in Province 2 of Nepal. Nokia's GPON fiber solution will help Subisu deliver a better customer experience and support the government's vision of providing a robust nationwide communication backbone capable of delivering ultra-broadband services to households across Nepal. The new network will enable Subisu to deliver Digital Television, IPTV and high-speed Internet services up to 1 Gbps.
Binaya Mohan Saud, CEO at Subisu, said: "We are proud to collaborate with Nokia and believe that their technology knowhow and prowess will enable us to provide the best possible services for our subscribers. The latest technology, deployed by Nokia, will help us retain our leadership position in the market and bring down the cost of network deployment and management, which in turn will allow us to improve efficiency of the network and lower the cost of operations."
Vinish Bawa, head of the emerging business customer team for Nokia India, said: "We are excited to work with Subisu to help them in their vision to provide better, stable and efficient services that can expand their customer base. It is a very prestigious project for us, and we look forward to executing Subisu's vision of providing affordable, reliable, high speed fixed broadband services across the country."
Overview of the solution to be deployed:
- Nokia 7360 Intelligent Services Access Manager (ISAM) FX will help Subisu in addressing mass-market fiber deployments
- Nokia 7368 ONT
- Nokia Professional Services will be used for the timely and efficient completion of the project
- Web page: Nokia Fixed Networks
- Web page: Nokia Fiber - FTTH
- Web page: Nokia 7360 ISAM FX
- Infographic: Building the fiber future
Connect with Nokia
- Subscribe to receive information on specific areas of interest
We create the technology to connect the world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
We adhere to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. Nokia is enabling the infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things to transform the human experience. nokia.com
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 SELLS OVER 200K COPIES IN JAPAN - January 19, 2019
- MORTAL KOMBAT 11DETAILS TOWERS OF TIME MODE HINTS AT SECRET CHARACTERS - January 19, 2019
- Preorders available for Nintendo Selects versions of Majora’s Mask, Mario Maker and Star Fox 3DS - January 19, 2019