Netflix Seeking: Grammasters North
Netflix calls on Canadians to go behind the lens to feature their fellow Canucks and Country
Netflix Seeking: Grammasters North
(aka 50 per cent of the country) jonesing to get behind the scenes on set and see this IRL?
Introducing #GrammastersNorth. (Like Masters of Instagram, not Masters of Grammar)
Netflix is looking for a handful of talented Canadian photographers, willing to take on the challenging role of being the eyes and ears for NetflixCA IG followers - taking them behind-the-scenes to capture the folks making the magic happen here in Canada.
The role of the #GrammastersNorth will be to travel to Netflix sets in various locations across the great, white North to shine a well-deserved light on Canadian talent and locations behind select Netflix Original productions. These individuals need to have a passion for entertainment and photography, coming together to create the ultimate #GrammasterNorth.
Each selected candidate, will fill a contracted set photographer role that requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive, innovative personality and a strong eye for photography. The photographs and videos captured on-set by the Grammasters North will be curated and featured on the Netflix Canada Instagram account.
This is a unique role. So are the right candidates.
- Must be willing to travel the country, for a short term, even by dog sled if required
- Be the eyes and ears for NetflixCA followers, capturing the behind-the-scenes action of a Netflix Original, shot here in Canada
- Showcase all of the Canucks that take part in creating entertainment magic, it really does take a village
- Capture the stunning set that is your home and native land
Skills and Requirements:
- Would be willing to go to the End of the F***ing World “For the ‘Gram”
- Willing to take a few days off from their everyday life to celebrate Canada with Netflix
- Personally identifies as the artsy “Jughead” type
- Strong eye for shooting the perfect photograph - can make any opp a photo opp
- Obsessed with Netflix Originals and has a strong love for a throwback series
- Has an insatiable hunger for Netflix content
- Has an appreciation for a successful side hustle (Not the Ozark-style side hustle)
- Can make even make craft services table look like a three-Michelin star Chef’s Table
- Ability to play it cool when in the same room as a celebrity
- Passion for traveling the true north, strong and free
- Will battle demogorgons for an Eleven out of ten shot
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Canadian resident 18+ with a public Instagram account, outside of Quebec
- Be as passionate about the role as you are about hockey or a good double-double
- You are a proactive self-starter with the ability to kick your own ass into to action - without Jessica Jones having to do it for you
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty - whether you are holding the handle on the TTC or tree planting in the Okanogan
- Frequently answers the Netflix’s ‘Are you still watching’ question with ‘yes’.
- Instinctively knows to use the Instagram KK2 and KK4 colour filter pack on the Riverdale set and the Vintage pack on Stranger Things
Think you have what it takes to be the next #GrammasterNorth? Opening May 3, visit grammastersnorth.ca and learn how to apply today! Get your submissions in before May 11, 2018 - you wouldn’t want to miss out.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 140 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.