Funktronic Labs Launches New VR Game ‘Starbear: Taxi’ on Steam and Oculus
Fast-paced VR title roars onto Oculus Rift, Viveport, SteamVR and Google Daydream
3064 A.D. Fresh out of “hibearnation” (aka unemployment), Starbear is a mammal on a mission: to deliver as many busy bears to their desired destinations as possible, avoiding pesky raccoon bandits along the way. Featuring a novel VR-native RC flight-control system, you gain precise control over your space taxi, with a custom aerodynamics model that allows your flight skills to shine.
* Immersive VR Gameplay – action-packed, skill-based taxi gameplay
* Fun VR Controls – natural physics-based RC flight controls — easy to learn, tough to master
* Cute-As-Heck Art Style – vibrant and colorful, with hand-crafted custom toon shaders
* Replayable – Highly replayable arcade experience, perfect to drop into and instantly play
* ♫ Dynamic Soundtrack ♫ – Music tuned to your personal playstyle
* Leaderboards – who among you & your friends will have the beary best score?
Starbear Taxi is also scheduled to launch a mobile-optimized version on Google Daydream, Mirage Solo with Daydream, GearVR, and Oculus Go headsets. Work is underway for a PSVR version later in the year as well.
About Funktronic Labs
Funktronic Labs is a studio that focuses on delivering creative experiences through games, VR/AR and other interactive media. Developers of award-winning titles Cosmic Trip and Nova-111, we’re about creating magical interactive experiences through the intersection of art and technology.
- Aqua Lungers Now Available in Europe, Australia/New Zealand & Select Countries - June 4, 2020
- New multiplayer trailer for SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated shows brand new horde mode - June 4, 2020
- P.A.M.E.L.A. Leaves Early Access on June 18th with Much-Anticipated Story Mode - June 4, 2020