BitSummit Vol. 6 - Guests and Layout Unveiled!
BitSummit Japan Independent Games Aggregate (JIGA) is excited to unveil a stellar lineup of game industry icons, veterans and influential developers who will grace the stage at BitSummit Vol. 6. A full layout of the venue and the locations of over 100 exhibitors, vendors and sponsors are also available. The sixth anniversary of the indie game summit will be held in Miyako Messe the weekend of May 12th & 13th, 2018 in Kyoto, Japan. Tickets are 2000 yen per day for general admission, with a 1000 yen discount for all students and free entry for elementary school students and younger.
Among this year's guests are some of Japan's most lauded and successful developers, as well as indie developers from around the world. Some notables include:
- Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez, Lumines)
- Takuya Aizu (Mega Man Zero series, Azure Striker GUNVOLT series)
- Koji Igarashi (Castlevania series, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night)
- Atsushi Inaba & Hideki Kamiya (Okami, GOD HAND, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta)
- Shinichi Kameoka (Mana series, SaGa series, Mother 3, Professor Layton)Shuhei
- Yoshida (President, Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios
- SWERY (D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die, Red Seeds Profile)
- Dylan Cuthbert & Baiyon (PixelJunk series, The Tomorrow Children)
- Kenichi Nishi (Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG)
- Yukio Futasugi (Panzer Dragoon series, Phantom Dust)
- Robin Hunicke (Journey, Boom Blox, Luna)
- Joshua Boggs (Framed)
- Jason Roberts (Gorogoa)Mat Kap (Castle In The Darkness, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth)
- Ari Gibson (Hollow Knight)Matthew Trobbiani (Hacknet)
BitSummit Vol.6 is produced by Japan Independent Games Association (JIGA), along with the CrossKyoto Media Partnership (KCROP), 802 Media Works, The City of Kyoto, and Kyoto CMEX (Cross Media Experience) and Indie MEGABOOTH.
For more information please visit the BitSummit website: http://bitsummit.jp/
Japan Independent Games Aggregate (JIGA) Members: Digital Development Management, Pygmy Studio Co. Ltd., Q-Games Ltd., and Skeleton Crew Studio.
BitSummit is an annual festival based in Kyoto, celebrating independent game developers and development in Japan. Founded in late-2012 to support, unify, and evangelize the vibrant and innovative Japanese independent game development scene to the world at large, BitSummit has established itself Japan’s premier independent gaming event, attracting thousands of visitors annually, as well as a notable, International media presence. BitSummit has been covered by every leading gaming website around the world and featured in print publications such as Weekly Famitsu, Dengeki PlayStation, Games™, EDGE and more. BitSummit has also been the focus of panel discussions at Game Developers Conference, IndieCade, IndieCade East, and CEDEC. Coming into its sixth year running, BitSummit continues to grow alongside the burgeoning Japanese independent development scene.