UBOS Beta 14: support for data disks
UBOS Beta 14 a mix of new features that make users’ lives easier, new features that make developers’ lives easier, bug fixes and package upgrades. Here are the highlights:
- It’s now easy to use a separate “big data disk” (like an external USB disk on a Raspberry Pi, or an extra big volume on Amazon EC2). This makes it much simpler for UBOS users that have a lot of data on their device.
- Perform backup and system upgrade in a single step for even less work and worry when upgrading everything from OS to apps.
- Create sites from templates files, and only fill in the information that wasn’t provided already in the template.
- There’s a new command for concisely displaying the networking configuration.
- Developers can now write installation scriptlets in any language; there is no more need to write Perl wrappers.
- … plus the usual hundreds of package upgrades, feature improvements and bug fixes.
- If you always wished to have an extra disk on which to store your data, don’t upgrade yet, but set that up first. Here is how to. You can also set this disk up after the upgrade, but it’s less work if you do it first.
- To be safe, create a backup of all your data first, then update and reboot:
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Spin Rhythm XD Blasts New Beats onto Steam Early Access October 22, Nintendo Switch in 2020 - September 18, 2019
- And it’s LIVE! Football Drama, the satirical managerial narrative game is out now on Steam, iOS, and Android - September 18, 2019
- Zynga Launches Spellbinding New Puzzle Adventure Game Merge Magic! - September 18, 2019