Xubuntu 18.04. has been Released
announcing the immediate release of Xubuntu 18.04. Xubuntu 18.04 is a long-term support (LTS) release and will be supported for 3 years, until April 2021.
The final release images are available as torrents immediately from the links below.
The images are also available as direct downloads from xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/. As the main server and mirrors might be busy for the first few days after the release, we recommend using the torrents if possible.
We’d like to thank everybody who contributed to this release of Xubuntu!
Highlights and Known Issues
The below is just a quick peek at the most important highlights and issues. More updates and new features are listed on the very thorough release notes.
- Some GNOME applications are replaced with corresponding MATE applications for improved consistency with almost identical set of features
- The Sound Indicator plugin is replaced with the Xfce PulseAudio plugin in the panel, improving controlling the volume and multimedia applications from the panel
- The new xfce4-notifyd panel plugin is included, allowing you to easily toggle “Do Not Disturb” mode for notifications as well as view missed notifications
- Significantly improved menu editing with a new MenuLibre version
- Better support for HiDPI screens, better consistency and other improvements from the Greybird GTK+ theme
- The “Force UEFI installation” dialog has non-working Go Back/Continue buttons (1724482).
- The automatically selected keyboard layout does not necessarily match the chosen region (1706859).
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Devolver Digital’s ‘Bleak Sword’ Hosting Mesmerizing Diorama-Sized Battles on Apple Arcade - September 17, 2019
- Co-op stealth roguelike Signal Decay launching - September 17, 2019
- The Loader Returns to Risk of Rain 2 With New Features in Skills 2.0 Update - September 17, 2019