Linux Lite 4.0 Beta, Codename Diamond is now available
Linux Lite 4.0 Final will be released on June 1st, 2018.
This Beta marks the beginning of Series 4.x Codename Diamond.
The main changes in Linux Lite Series 4.x include a new icon and system theme, Timeshift for system backups, Shotwell to manage and perform basic edits on images, MenuLibre to manage menu entries, new Lite applications including Lite Desktop that manages common icons on the Desktop, Lite Sounds to manage system wide sounds, and many of our existing applications have been
See below for all the changes:
- Minimum recommended specs have been raised slightly to more realistic levels (RAM, CPU).
- There are no more 32bit ISO releases. If you still require a 32bit OS due to hardware limitations, Series 3.x is supported through to April 2021.
- XFCE Pulseaudio plugin, has been added to the system tray for highly customizable options regarding volume management.
- Wallpaper. This is not the default wallpaper for Linux Lite 4.0 Final. Traditionally, our first Beta release in a Series features our codename image. In this Series case, Codename Diamond.
- Full disk encryption now replaces home encryption in the installer (an Ubuntu implementation).
- The new boot splash also shows you the password field in GUI for encrypted partitions.
- Ubuntu no longer offers an opportunity to set a swap partition. A swap file is now automatically created for you which is a maximum of 2gb or 5% of free disk space (an Ubuntu implementation).
- Compositing is now enabled out-of-the-box.
New Theme (Adapta) and Icon (Papirus) sets.
Faenza icons were dropped as it had not been maintained in some time (albeit there is a fork) and the same for the Arc theme, development seems to have stalled there. Most of our approach to theming in Series 4.x follows the popular Flat design focus. We also now use the Openzone mouse theme.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- The Abyss Video Game Platform Gets Unreal - May 23, 2019
- Major MapleStory M Update Brings Two New Explorer Classes; Buccaneer and Marksman - May 23, 2019
- The Shrapnel Games Annual Memorial Day Sale Event! - May 23, 2019