NETFLIX RETURNS TO 28 BARBARY LANE WITH ARMISTEAD MAUPIN'S TALES OF THE CITY
NETFLIX RETURNS TO 28 BARBARY LANE Laura Linney and Olympia Dukakis Return; Ellen Page Joins the Cast; Working Title TV and NBCUniversal International Studios Produce 10-Part Limited Series
- Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City is a 10-part Netflix original limited series, expected to start production later this year and debut in 2019.
- Academy Award nominee and Emmy-, SAG- and Golden Globe-Award winning actress Laura Linney and Academy Award and Golden Globe winner Olympia Dukakis will reprise their roles as Mary Ann Singleton and Anna Madrigal. Barbara Garrick also to return. Additional cast to be announced.
- Academy Award, BAFTA, Golden Globe and SAG Award nominee Ellen Page will join the cast as Shawna.
- Lauren Morelli (WGA nominee; co-EP and writer Orange is The New Black) serves as showrunner/executive producer and writer.
- Armistead Maupin will executive produce; Alan Poul returns to direct and executive produce. Laura Linney also executive produces.
- Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City is a Working Title Television and NBCUniversal International studios production for Netflix. Working Title’s Andrew Stearn, Liza Chasin, Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner also executive produce. Michael Cunningham will serve as a consulting producer.
"I couldn't be more excited about this new brand-new incarnation of Tales. It's set in present-day San Francisco with all the joys and complications that might suggest for the residents of 28 Barbary Lane,’ said Maupin. “Mrs. Madrigal's tenants, both old and new, will be entangled in delicious new adventures and ever-expanding possibilities for love."
“The magical, vivid world that Armistead Maupin built in Tales of the City is one that offered so many— particularly the LGBTQ+ community— a home for the first time. For many, Tales was the first time they saw themselves on screen,” said writer and showrunner Lauren Morelli. “I am humbled to now find my own home within Tales and to continue telling Armistead’s stories.”
Poul added, "For me, the opportunity to come back to a series I started work on 25 years ago is the homecoming of a lifetime. There's never been a better moment to reignite Armistead's timeless take on family and community, and I'm thrilled to be collaborating with such a brilliant mix of old friends and new."
- Logline: Based on the books by Armistead Maupin, this next chapter - Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City - follows Mary Ann (Laura Linney), who returns home to San Francisco and is reunited with her daughter (Ellen Page) and ex-husband Brian, twenty years after leaving them behind to pursue her career. Fleeing the midlife crisis that her picture perfect Connecticut life created, Mary Ann returns home to her chosen family and will quickly be drawn back into the orbit of Anna Madrigal (Olympia Dukakis) and the residents of 28 Barbary Lane.
About Tales of the City
Armistead Maupin is the author of eleven novels, including the nine-volume Tales of the City, which led to three Tales of the City limited series starring Laura Linney and Olympia Dukakis. Alan Poul served as producer of the first three adaptations (Tales of the City, More Tales of the City, Further Tales of the City) which earned a Peabody Award and multiple Emmy Award nominations.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 125 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 140 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Producer of spy thriller, London Spy and the comedy-drama, You Me and the Apocalypse, Working Title Television is a leading scripted production company with offices in London and LA. Specialising in high-quality scripted productions, Working Title Television’s previous titles include Mary & Martha, written by Richard Curtis, directed by Phillip Noyce and starring Hilary Swank and Brenda Blethyn; the critically acclaimed and BAFTA-winning Birdsong starring Eddie Redmayne and adapted by Abi Morgan; and BBC One’s hit Christmas film The Borrowers. The company’s other credits include, psycho-drama Gypsy for Netflix; the fantasy-comedy Yonderland; True Love and The Secrets and About a Boy. In the U.K., the business is currently developing Eleanor Catton’s Man Booker Prize-winning novel, The Luminaries and is partnering with NBCUniversal International Studios on a television remake of Hanna. Working Title Television is a joint venture between NBCUniversal International Studios, Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner.
NBCUniversal International Studios
NBCUniversal International Studios delivers award-winning international content to millions across the globe. Based in London, the business’ in-house production companies include: Carnival Films, creator of worldwide phenomenon Downton Abbey and Stan Lee’s Lucky Man; production company Monkey, producer of BAFTA-winning Made in Chelsea and reality hit, The Real Housewives of Cheshire; and Australian-based Matchbox Pictures, SPA’s Media Super Production Business of the Year and maker of critically-acclaimed drama series The Nowhere Boys, Glitch, The Slap and Seven Types of Ambiguity. International Studios has also produced crime drama, Gone, in partnership with RTL and TF1, and is currently in production on a television remake of Hanna. Additionally, NBCUniversal International Studios operates a joint production venture with Heyday Television and owns an equity stake in LARK Productions Canada. It also operates an International Formats business, which licenses content in over 70 territories worldwide, with key brands including World of Dance, Top Chef, Suits, and House.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Tackle brutal co-op puzzles in The Watchers beta this Halloween! - October 16, 2019
- PUBG MOBILE RELEASES MASSIVE HALLOWEEKS CONTENT UPDATE WITH PLAYLOAD MODE ON THE WAY - October 16, 2019
- NEW GIGANTAMAX POKÉMON REVEALED IN POKÉMON SWORD AND POKÉMON SHIELD - October 16, 2019