Release: SparkyLinux 4.8 RC
There is a new, testing live/install iso image of SparkyLinux 4.8 RC “Tyche” available to download. Sparky 4 is based on Debian stable line “Stretch”.
Sparky 4.8 RC is a release candidate to upcoming next 4.8 stable release.
Changes between 4.7 and 4.8 RC:
– full system upgrade from Debian stable repos as of April 11, 2018
– Linux kernel 4.9.82
– Calamares 3.1.12 with an option of installing system on an encrypted disk
– added new option of live system booting which lets you choose a localization (via kernel parametr) and keyboard layout (via a new script)
– sparky tools which need the root access use pkexec now instead of gksu/gksudo/kdesudo/etc.
– added packages: xinit (provides startx command) and bleachbit (for cleaning the system)
– temporary removed gscreenshot and replaced with sparky-screenshot
– sparky advanced installer features 4 localizations now: Brazilian, English, German and Polish (more translations needed!); fixed removing partitions from the partition list after choosing and used them;
The final 4.8 release is planned in the middle of May and will be available in following versions: LXDE (full version), MinimalGUI (Openbox) and MinimalCLI (text mode).
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- HEROES & GENERALS WWII NOW ON DISCORD - April 21, 2019
- NomadBSD 1.2 released - April 21, 2019
- PlayFusion: Lightseekers Is Storming Onto the Nintendo Switch - April 21, 2019