San Francisco, California – WaterField Designs, an innovative leader in custom laptop sleeves, bags and cases for digitally-minded professionals, announces the renaissance of its iconic Rough Rider leather messenger, a rugged, premium leather laptop bag reminiscent of an Old West satchel, now updated with modern features. The artisan-crafted Rough Rider reboot retains its old-world charm and its unique ergonomic strap system, and now sports a plush, padded laptop compartment and a convenient rolling suitcase pass-through. Raw leather edges combine with clean lines to create a rugged yet sophisticated look, and the thick, premium leather develops a stunning patina over time.
“We have our customers to thank for the return of the Rough Rider; ever since we retired it years ago, we get customer requests for it every week,” explained company owner Gary Waterfield. “We’ve kept the popular rough and tumble, old-world look and added functionality for laptop-toting professionals and for travelers.”
* The new interior houses a waxed canvas, plush, padded laptop compartment that readily fits up to a 15-inch MacBook Pro
* Two slots hold an Apple Pencil, Surface Pen or a few run-of-the-mill ballpoints
* A rolling suitcase handle pass-through facilitates hands-free carry from airport curbside to gate
* Six premium, full-grain leather accent choices under the panel add a pop of color
* Constructed of thick, full-grain leather with raw edges, it exudes an adventurous yet sophisticated look and develops a beautiful patina with use
* A dual-layer leather flap shuts securely with strong snaps and is adjustable to two lengths, so users can fill the bag to capacity or cinch it tight. Either way the bag maintains its slim profile
* An unlined interior and natural edges reveal the leather’s premium quality
* A sumptuous leather panel under the flap creates a color splash and is available in six color choices
* The innovative strap system compresses bag contents to maintain a slim profile and positions the bag snugly against the body to help ease back fatigue
* Two deep, waxed canvas pockets in the main compartment fit an iPad, iPhone and additional necessities
* A full-width, luxuriously-soft, lined pocket under the flap stows additional electronics or personal items
* A floating shoulder pad with a no-slip underside keeps the shoulder strap in place
* A top leather handle allows for a quick grab
The Rough Rider Leather Laptop Messenger’s premium materials set it a step above the competition. It is an heirloom-quality bag that could be handed down through generations. The updated Rough Rider joins a full line of WaterField messenger bags, briefcases and totes, all designed to serve busy, mobile professionals and travelers.
* 16.5″ x 11.5″ x 3.5″; 3.5 lbs.
Pricing and Availability:
The Rough Rider – Price: $429 (USD). Colors: Distressed, full-grain, “Grizzly” brown, naturally-tanned leather body with color panels under the flap in black, crimson, dark brown, gray, grizzly, or royal blue premium, full-grain leather. Available for pre-order at WaterField Designs. Shipping begins by May 4, 2018.
WaterField Designs is an innovative San Francisco designer and manufacturer of bags and cases for tech-savvy consumers who want to stylishly and responsibly transport their technology. WaterField manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full-range of laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices and other digital gear. WaterField Designs and Rough Rider are trademarks of WaterField Designs. Copyright (C) 2018 WaterField Designs. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, MacBook, iPhone, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
- PUSS! – The surreal puzzle arcade is out now on iOS and Android - August 6, 2020
- Ian plays more Minecraftbuild more than break - August 6, 2020
- Gear.Club Unlimited 2 – Tracks Edition unveils itself with new screenshots! - August 6, 2020