Funcom Reveals First Gameplay From Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden
– Check out over 30 minutes of unedited gameplay from the upcoming tactical adventure game, showing off its post-human world and tactical combat –
– ‘Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden’ is coming for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 4 in 2018, and features a deep storyline combining strategy and the turn-based tactical combat of ‘XCOM’ with real-time exploration and stealth gameplay –
OSLO, Norway – March 28th, 2018 – Funcom announced ‘Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden’ just a few weeks ago with a Cinematic Reveal Trailer that quickly made some significant ripples in the duck pond of the Internet. A lot of the credit for that goes to Dux, a duct-taped, crossbow-wielding anthropomorphic duck who saw a sudden rise to fame in the weeks that followed. Apparently, anyone can become popular on the Internet, all you need is ruffle a few feathers.
Last week the bird flu to San Francisco to present the game behind closed doors at the Game Developer Conference. This week you will soon see that if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it probably is much more than just a CGI duck as Funcom finally reveals how ‘Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden’ looks and plays through 30 minutes of unedited gameplay presented by the developers at The Bearded Ladies.
Tired of duck puns yet? We promise to send you some more later.
Download or embed the GAMEPLAY VIDEO:
“I would just like to apologize for all the duck puns in this press release”, says Lawrence Poe, Chief Product Officer at Funcom. “Our PR people are nothing but a bunch of quacks.”
The game, which is being developed by Bearded Ladies and published by Funcom, is set to release in 2018 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Players must take control of a team of unlikely heroes, such as Dux (a crossbow-wielding, walking, talking duck) and Bormin (a boar with serious anger issues), and help them navigate a post-human Earth with its abandoned cities, crumbling highways, and mutated monsters on every corner. The team behind the game includes former ‘HITMAN’ leads as well as Ulf Andersson, the designer of ‘PAYDAY’.
‘Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden’ is powered by the Unreal Engine and will be available on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 in 2018. The game is based on the classic ‘Mutant’ IP that has spawned several popular pen and paper role-playing games since the 1980s, including the current ‘Mutant: Year Zero’ from Free League and Modiphius Entertainment. The IP is owned by the Cabinet Group and the interactive rights are controlled by Heroic Signatures, a company owned by both Cabinet Group and Funcom (see earlier announcement). For more video material, screenshots, and more information about ‘Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden’, please visit the official website that launched today on www.mutantyearzero.com.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Fear the Flames! Introducing the Pyromancer Character from Deck of Ashes, the Story-Driven Deck Building RPG - February 22, 2019
- Friday afternoon IN Magic: The Gathering Arena with Jadiri Gamer - February 22, 2019
- Project Winter’s Development Roadmap brushes off the snow - February 22, 2019