Magna Joins The BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye Platform as an Integrator to Bring Autonomous Driving Technology to the Market
Please click HERE for a PDF version of the release
- The core partners BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye are developing the self-driving platform for an application in 2021
- Magna will make the technology available to the global marketplace
- Magna is contributing expertise in domain controller and sensor suite
AURORA, ON, Oct. 10, 2017 /CNW/ – The BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye, an Intel company, are on a mission to deliver a self-driving, flexible vehicle platform by 2021. Magna joins as a Tier 1 technology integrator and will help automakers industrialize and customize the domain controller designed by BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye.
“Many of the autonomy challenges the industry is facing can’t be handled in isolation,” said Magna’s Chief Technology Officer Swamy Kotagiri. “I am confident that the many strengths brought forward by each partner will contribute to the delivery of a self-driving platform the market can leverage. We are extremely excited to be one of the early integrators bringing our unique capabilities to the platform.”
Through this collaboration, the BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye plan to provide an autonomous vehicle platform that can be flexible and adoptable for integration by multiple automakers.
“We are very pleased to welcome Magna as the next major industry player to support our non-exclusive platform. This underlines the success story we have been writing over the past year with our unique cooperation and it gives us additional boost in creating a leading ecosystem for the industry of autonomous driving,” said Klaus Fröhlich, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG for Development, on behalf of the cooperation of BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye.
“Magna has a long-term experience in integrating complex systems seamlessly onto individual vehicle platforms, while securing differentiation for individual OEM customers.”
Magna has been a supplier to the BMW Group on a global scale for many years and a contract vehicle manufacturer for them for more than 15 years.
- STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town Available Now on Nintendo Switch within Europe and Australia - July 12, 2020
- SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris available now! - July 12, 2020
- “Bleach: Brave Souls” Almost 5 Years Attribute Formation Lottery Starts! Chance to Get Part of Over 450,000 USD Worth of Spirit Orbs! - July 12, 2020