Aptiv and Lyft to Bring Self-Driving Rides to Las Vegas in January 2018
CES Attendees Can Request Automated Rides to More Than 20 Destinations
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Aptiv (NYSE: APTV), a global technology company that provides leading automated driving solutions, and ride-hailing leader Lyft, today announced a partnership to demonstrate a first-of-its-kind fully automated point-to-point ride-hailing experience during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2018 in Las Vegas.
Aptiv and Lyft to Bring Self-Driving Rides
"This partnership represents a real-life application of scalable, automated driving technology that will have a significant impact on improving safety, emissions and urban congestion challenges," said Aptiv President and Chief Executive Officer Kevin Clark. "Aptiv's automated driving platform is the most advanced automated system available and combined with Lyft's intuitive user app will allow CES attendees to have a true point-to-point self-driving experience. It is an exciting demonstration of the future of mobility at work."
In 2017, Lyft announced plans to enable self-driving developers and car manufacturers to plug into its network of nearly one million rides per day. Aptiv's automated driving platform will be integrated with Lyft's smart dispatching technology for a seamless consumer experience to hail rides around the Las Vegas Strip area. Operating in complex driving environments with pick-up and drop-off locations will accelerate the availability of automated driving platforms for commercial applications.
"Lyft's mission is to build the world's best transportation ecosystem in partnership with the most advanced self-driving technology and automotive companies," said Lyft CEO Logan Green. "Partnering with Aptiv for our open platform brings us one step closer to making our vision a reality. Together, we will define the future and we look forward to taking this monumental first step in Las Vegas at CES 2018."
The Aptiv-Lyft CES 2018 Automated Experience builds on Aptiv's previous CES drives, including a 6.3-mile driving loop of city streets and highways in 2017. Aptiv's automated vehicles completed complex everyday driving challenges, such as highway merges, maneuvering with pedestrians and cyclists, and staying on course while in a tunnel.
Aptiv's automated driving technology is seamlessly integrated into any design without cumbersome sensors on the top or sides of the vehicle, unlike many other automated vehicles on the road today. Aptiv will be ready to scale in production by 2019.
How the Aptiv-Lyft CES 2018 Self-driving Experience Will Work:
- The CES rides will demonstrate Aptiv's automated system and Lyft's user platform to offer rides to more than 20 destinations throughout Las Vegas;
- Lyft passengers can request a self-driving ride from the Las Vegas Convention Center's Gold Lot;
- Ahead of their ride, passengers will journey through an informative exhibit designed to showcase the positive impact automated cars will have on individual lives and communities;
- Once passengers get into their self-driving vehicle, there will be a safety driver in the front seat and an in-car host, who together will provide a safe, and educational, experience.
- The self-driving opportunity will be available to Lyft passengers in Las Vegas from Jan. 9 to 12, 2018.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
Lyft was founded in June 2012 by Logan Green and John Zimmer to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. Lyft is the fastest growing rideshare company in the U.S. and is available to 95% of the US population and recently launched in Toronto, Canada. Lyft is preferred by drivers and passengers for its safe and friendly experience, and its commitment to affecting positive change for the future of our cities.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Dragon Awaken Available on Steam play it on facebook - February 17, 2019
- Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues - February 16, 2019
- New Apex Legends Hero Names possibly found via Game Files - February 16, 2019