Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is pleased to announce the availability of a free update to its App Tamer utility for macOS. App Tamer 2.3.4 features a new option to quit idle applications and improves its control of applications’ CPU usage.
The changes in version 2.3.4 include:
* App Tamer can now be set to quit applications after they’ve been idle in the background for a certain amount of time
* Improved management of CPU usage for apps that have multiple sub-processes, like web browsers and Spotlight
* When you turn on Time Machine Acceleration, App Tamer warns you if you have settings that are at cross purposes
* App Tamer’s own CPU usage has been reduced
More about App Tamer:
Some Mac applications, especially web browsers, continue running tasks or animations even when they’re supposed to be idle in the background. This can consume valuable processing power, reducing battery life and producing heat that increases fan noise. App Tamer’s unique AutoStop capability automatically slows down or pauses these applications when you switch away from them, and then restarts them when you click back to them. This frees your CPU and reduces power consumption.
App Tamer comes pre-configured to automatically manage Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Spotlight, Time Machine, Word and many other apps when they’re in the background. And customizing it for other applications is just a mouse click away.
Pricing and Availability:
App Tamer will operate on any Macintosh running macOS 10.8 or higher, and is free to try for 15 days. A license to continue using it after the trial period is $14.95 (USD). This update is free for users who purchased App Tamer 2.x or bought App Tamer 1.x after July 1, 2013. For those that purchased a license before that date, the upgrade is $7.95 (USD).
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2018 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- THQ Nordic and Feld Entertainment® Launch Monster Jam Steel Titans for the Nintendo Switch™ - November 13, 2019
- Epic Games’ Battle Breakers Available Now for Mobile and PC - November 13, 2019
- MTG ArenaGame of the day “Boros Battalion” - November 13, 2019