Bonn, Germany – Norbert M. Doerner today released NeoFinder 7.2, the second major update for NeoFinder 7. The new version includes a powerful Metadata Presets Editor to make handling large data sets easier. Also new are a massively faster Find Duplicates engine and a new Find Unique Files feature. Updating large existing catalogs is much faster now, and a elegant new fill bar quickly display the kind of data contained on a cataloged disk.
NeoFinder 7.2 is a free update to all NeoFinder 7.x users. NeoFinder 7.x is a paid upgrade to licensed users of NeoFinder 6.x and the old CDFinder, upgrade price starting at 19 Euros. New licenses start at 29 Euros for a NeoFinder Private License.
New features and enhancements of NeoFinder 7.2:
* Metadata Presets Editor: Create multiple XMP metadata presets, assign them to one or multiple items with just a mouse click, export and import them, or create them from existing files
* Find Duplicates is massively faster now! Really massively. Really!
* New option to find Unique Files in the Find Duplicates window, and yes, it is also incredibly fast
* Fill Bar in Details View for catalog folders, to quickly see what is on your disks. You can even click on parts to quickly display all items of the kind in that catalog
* New option to display file names without their name suffixes
* New option to keep folders sorted together in all four view styles
* Extended AppleScript commands to find in just some catalogs, or to run complex find queries
* You can now store your Albums and Smart Folders inside the NeoFinder database folder, so they can be shared with multiple users of NeoFinder on a file server
* In macOS High Sierra, NeoFinder can now generate audio previews for FLAC files, too
* You can now export the content of Albums into text files
* New option to display Ratings in the Icon View
* The Sort menu for Icon View, Column View, and Details View now also has an option to sort by EXIF date
* All export column titles no longer use “:” in their names, making the import in other tools easier
* “Open with…” now also works with files that are actually “bundles” or “packages”, like Final Cut Pro X projects
* You can now search for XMP Location and Usage Terms fields in the Find Editor and Smart Folders
* Updating large catalogs is now massively faster and uses a lot less memory
* You can now generate Download URLs for your files in your Dropbox, to share that file with other people
* Improved the display of data in the Inspector
* A new “What’s New” window shows a short overview of the new features in new versions
* Improved error handling of Dropbox cataloging, and the option to keep a partial catalog when the cataloging is cancelled
* A new “plus” button in the Inspector allows you to quickly open the keywords window with just one click, to edit your keywords
* The ThumbnailHelper tool that NeoFinder uses to safely generate thumbnails is now also 64bit
* Cataloging now recognises “.inx” Adobe InDesign files
* Fixes a problem when sorting List View by Rating
* Fixes a problem when cataloging certain AIFF files with an ID3 tag segment
* Fixes a problem when reverting the sort order with the sort menu
* Fixes a problem finding items with no keywords
* Minor visual improvements for macOS High Sierra
* NeoFinder 7.2 requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later
Cataloging – NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos. NeoFinder also edits Adobe XMP data, including keywords. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, text files, and even audio files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Networking – Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Mobile – Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
Integration – Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios. The AppleScript support in NeoFinder allows custom integrations of all kinds.
Geotagging – Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays important facts about any geolocation in the truly unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1996, more than 80,000 customers in 101 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, Manowar, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Requires Mac OS X v10.7 – macOS High Sierra 10.13
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 7.x is a paid upgrade to licensed users of NeoFinder 6.x and CDFinder, upgrade price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, Extensis Portfolio, and more) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 1991-2017 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\