London, United Kingdom – Ben Software today is proud to announce the release of SecuritySpy 4.1, an update to the premier multi-camera CCTV software for the Mac. With powerful and flexible recording features, motion-activated events, and remote monitoring and configuration, SecuritySpy is designed for demanding video surveillance applications. This version adds many new features, including new joystick-like Pan/Tilt/Zoom controls, zero-configuration email sending, and performance improvements.
“This update represents our ongoing commitment to maintain top-quality NVR software and respond to our customers’ feedback” said Ben Bird, the developer of SecuritySpy. “We are proud to deliver a host of improvements that make SecuritySpy even more powerful, but also easier to set up and use.”
The main features of SecuritySpy are as follows:
* Displays and records multiple cameras simultaneously
* Powerful capture features, with motion-detection and notifications
* Built-in secure web server for remote monitoring and administration
* Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) support
* Secure off-site backup of captured footage
* Browser feature for synchronised multi-camera playback of captured footage
* Supports all major brands of IP camera as well as ONVIF-compatible cameras
* Supports all industry-standard media formats (JPEG, MPEG-4, MxPEG, H.264, AAC)
* Extensively threaded and optimised to take full advantage of multi-core Macs
* Hardware-accelerated video compression and decompression
SecuritySpy supports virtually all IP cameras on the market, including the popular Axis, Dahua, Canon, Amcrest, Foscam, Hikvision and Vivotek ranges. SecuritySpy features advanced motion detection, which can be used to trigger recordings as well as email alerts, audio alarms, iOS push notifications and external devices. The built-in secure web server allows remote monitoring of live streams and captured footage from over the Internet, using a web browser or an iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.
The full list of improvements in this version is as follows:
* Joystick-like PTZ controls, allowing fine direction and speed control
* Email relay service – no SMTP server setup required to send emails
* UPnP support for automatic router configuration for remote access
* Higher-resolution thumbnails for captured footage via the web interface
* Supports “ca-bundle” certificate bundle files for the HTTPS web interface
* Improved network performance and other speed improvements
* Added “Packet Loss” column to the Camera Info window
* Easy automatic software updates from within the application
* Improved ONVIF auto-discovery to work with more cameras
* Retries failed FTP uploads for improved reliability
* The pop-up “Errors” window can be disabled
* Fixed problem connecting to Axis cameras via RTSP-over-HTTP
* Fixed bug preventing the setting of PTZ preset positions
* Fixed memory leaks and multiple minor bugs
Pricing and Availability:
Pricing is in British Pounds, Euros or US Dollars and depends on the number of cameras used, ranging from GBP 29.90 (approx. USD $40) for a single-camera license, to GBP 649.00 (approx. USD $850) for an unlimited-camera license. SecuritySpy supports any Mac running macOS (Mac OS X) 10.7 “Lion” through 10.12 “Sierra.” SecuritySpy can be tested for 30 days before purchase, with no demo limitations whatsoever. For more information, please contact Ben Bird.
Ben Software Ltd is an independent software development house focused on providing high-quality video-related software for the Mac. Copyright (C) 2017 Ben Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.