Minsk, Belarus – Independent developer, Alexey Khutorschikov today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Crop-Size 2.5.5, an important update to his popular photo editing solution for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. The app offers iOS users the ability to quickly and easily crop, resize, and edit any photos stored on their device or in iCloud. In addition to its comprehensive cropping and resizing tools, Crop-Size offers a number of filters and effects that can be applied to any photo or group of photos, and the combination of filters can be saved as part of a program to be applied to other photos.
Crop-Size allows users to easily prepare beautiful photos for sharing with family and friends, via Facebook and Instagram. The apps powerful features also allow users to create professional-looking images for use in presentations, websites, and business documents. While powerful, the app was designed with three simple principles in mind. First, to offer the user as much control and power over their image editing as possible. Two, make the process as simple and intuitive as is practical. Last but not least, the entire editing process should be designed to offer the desired results in a minimal amount of time.
“Taking photos on the iPhone and iPad is an incredibly simple and enjoyable process,” says Crop-Size creator Alexey Khutorschikov. “I’ve always felt that the process of resizing and editing photos should be just as simple and fun as taking them. However, I’ve never believed making editing easy should bring any sacrifice to an app’s power. So, I sat down and created Crop-Size. It brings powerful photo resizing, cropping, and editing tools to iOS device users, but without the complicated controls of some of those other apps.”
Unlike many other image editing apps available for iOS devices, Crop-Size offers users the ability to specify exact dimensions when cropping and resizing images. Customizable presets help facilitate this task, and the app’s precise single-pixel correction feature gets the job done when it is necessary to slightly adjust an images size or position. For the greatest flexibility when editing, the app can be set to use measurements of pixels, inches or centimeters.
While resizing and cropping photos is a marque feature of Crop-Size, the app offers so much more than just that. It also offers a number of photo filters and effects, all of which can be applied to an image in any combination, and as many times as desired in any single session. Plus, users can easily see which effects have been applied to an image, making it easy to track changes. In addition, any action applied to a photo or batch of photos can be stored as programs for use in future photo editing sessions.
Crop-Size is excellent for both single and batch processing of images. Batch processing allows users to apply resizing, cropping, or other edits made to a photo to be made to multiple photos at once. Using batch processing and programs allow users to quickly and easily apply changes to large amounts of photos, without the need for unneeded and monotonous repetition. Plus, all editing actions are stored in a handy editing history list, which allows users to undo, redo, or jump to any step in their editing history.
Users will also appreciate the handy information that is available about each image. Information includes: format, filesize, dimensions, and metadata. The information is always available, and it can be modified during the editing process.
Crop-Size offers a number of cropping, resizing, and editing features:
* Manual input
* Move, resize, scale images via gestures
* Rotation 360 degrees with manual input
* Ratio control with customizable ratio presets
* 1px correction
* Cropping grid
* Manual input of dimensions
* Relative size slider with manual input
* Customizable size presets
* Actual size preview
* Ratio control
* Resize modes: Stretch, Clip, & Insert
* Fill colors for insert mode
* Flip and rotate images via a single gesture
* Info about actual photo dimensions and filesize estimation
* Pixels, centimeters, and inches can be used as main units
* History (undo/redo) with list of actions
* Choice of photo version: original, or most recent
* Apply multiple effects simultaneously
* Intensity slider
* Effect result preview with zoom in/out
* Selected photo metadata preview
* Metadata editor to manage Basic, TIFF, EXIF, JFIF, PNG, IPTC, & GPS metadata
* Photo library with albums
* Photo preview, (including photo details and metadata)
* Multi selection
* Programs manager with ability to run programs
* Preview with zoom in/out
* Auto, JPEG with quality slider, PNG and TIFF(*) output formats
* Filesize estimation for selected format
* Batch processing
* Share finished images via iCloud, Email, Facebook, Twitter, iMessage, & more
* Program creation
(*) TIFF is available only for iPhone 5/iPad retina/iPad mini 2 devices and newer.
Maximum photo sizes in Crop-Size is limited only by the device it is used on:
* iPhone 4s/iPad mini/iPod touch 5 and lower – 3264 px
* iPhone 5(s)/iPad with Retina display/iPad Air/iPad mini 2-3/iPod 6 – 5000 px
* iPhone 6/iPad Air 2 and newer – 7000 px
Crop-Size users love the app for its lightweight user interface and powerful features. The previous version of the app received a 5-star rating worldwide, and the average rating for all versions of the app is 4.5 stars worldwide.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 10.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Crop-Size 2.5.5 is $2.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies), and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo and Video category. Review codes are available upon request.
Independent developer Alexey Khutorschikov is an iOS and web developer based in Minsk, Belarus. Alexey has spent the last three years developing a collection of specialized photo editing solutions for iOS devices. The first version of his flagship app, Crop-Size, was released in the fall of 2013, and has since received multiple improvements to make it the comprehensive photo editing app it is today. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2016 Alexey Khutorschikov. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.