openSUSE Leap 42.2 Alpha3 released
Fandom Fare - Linux News
l;dr 42.2 Alpha 3 is on the mirrors, get it from
The merge of the SLE12SP2 core components is basically done now.
Since SLE enters release candidate phase now we won't see many
updates coming from there anymore. So even though it's called Alpha 3
we are on a pretty solid base already.
Among the countless leaf package updates, big changes since Alpha 2
were completing the GNOME update, the integration of KDE Plasma 5.7
and Texlive 2015.
So time to put Alpha 3 under stress, test it in real world scenarios
and file good bug reports!¹ There will be a follow up to this mail
with a test plan for manual testing.
We have five weeks now to get in shape for for Beta 1. There are
quite some things to do:
- Help to fix build failures. There are currently 165 failed or
unresolvable packages in Leap: http://paste.opensuse.org/8372992
Help is appreciated there to identify the problem, talk to
maintainers, file bugs or fix the issues right away. See also the
OBS monitor page for the current list²
- Fix openQA tests. There are quite some red tests in openQA³. For
example some UEFI tests lack actual test code to handle the
different dialogs in the bootloader. The update tests also don't
work and need debugging.
- Decide whether to update your packages in Leap. As usual keep the
purpose of Leap and a smooth upgrade path in mind. Don't forget to
tell openSUSE marketing about any great new features⁴ or update
the release notes if there are glitches⁵.
Package submissions for Beta 1 will be considered until August 25.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Splatoon 2 Special Demo Comes with Free Online Trial, 20% Off Full Game - March 19, 2019
- Eternal Card game New Hero: Cursed Prophet Deleph - March 19, 2019
- Tails 3.13 release is out - March 19, 2019