IPFire 2.19 - Core Update 103 released
Fandom Fare - Linux News
This is the official release announcement for IPFire 2.19 – Core Update 103. This update contains various stability fixes and updates a number a packages under the hood.
Web Proxy Improvements
The web proxy
squid has been updated to the 3.5 series and various improvements for stability and performance were made.
On machines with slow harddisks or on installations with very large caches it was likely to happen that the cache index got corrupted when the proxy was shut down. This resulted in an unstable web proxy after the next start.
The shutdown routine was improved so that a cache index corruption is now very unlikely. Additionally we have means installed that allow us to detect if the cache index was corrupted and if so have it automatically rebuilt at the next start. This update will delete the presumably corrupted index on all installations and start a rebuild of the index, which could result in slow operation of the proxy for a short time after installing the update.
- Fix the
setupcommand to correctly show more than 6 network controllers
- The timezone database has been updated
- Generally allow underscores in domain names
- Updated packages:
- Midnight Commander 4.8.17
- nfs (will replace
Related articles across the web
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- FLAT OUT & FREE* – REPLICATE COLIN MCRAE’S RALLY HIGHLIGHTS IN DiRT RALLY 2.0 - January 29, 2020
- Lead Cute Rats, Not Feral Cats! - January 29, 2020
- Sea Announces Garena’s Acquisition of Phoenix Labs - January 29, 2020