Cu Parachute 1.1 released for iOS – Plan for Retirement Success
Fandom Fare – Tucson, Arizona – Independent developer, Bradley McCarthy is proud to announce the release of Cu Parachute 1.1 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Cu Parachute is a tool users can use to continuously monitor their retirement income plan status by updating their personalized inputs and re-evaluating their plan. Sensitivity analyses can easily be performed to better understand how to increase a plan’s probability of success (i.e. how does putting off retirement 2 years affect my plan’s success, how does saving an extra $1,000 a year affect my plan’s success, etc.).
A successful retirement income plan will be a balance between not running out of money and living too frugally in retirement. The target success probability in Cu Parachute is between 85% and 100% and will be highlighted with a copper colored background. An 85% probability target would be for those who would like to use all of their money during retirement. A 100% probability target would be for those wanting to leave most of their money to their heirs. Your own probability of success goal may be something different depending on your risk tolerance.
App features include:
* Random selection of annual real (inflation adjusted) returns for stocks (S&P 500 Index since 1928) and bonds (10-Year Treasury Bonds from 1928-1975, US Aggregate Bond Index after 1975)
* Monte Carlo Simulation with up to 100,000 iterations of complete retirement scenarios
* Extensive sensitivity analysis capabilities
* Results screen with simulation results, inputs, and time stamp
* Ability to save full resolution screen captures of results for future reference
Cu Parachute works like this:
1. You set the 14 customizable inputs to create your initial retirement income plan and press the “Simulate” button.
2. For each of the years in your retirement plan (years to retirement years in retirement), the app randomly selects a yearly real (inflation adjusted) return for your stock and bond portfolios and computes the ending balance for that year taking into account all of the 14 inputs you have selected.
3. The app runs through each year to the end of your retirement and determines your final ending balance if there is one.
4. This process will be repeated up to 100,000 times (100,000 complete retirement scenarios).
5. The number of iterations that the ending balance did not go to $0 will determine the probability of your plan’s success.
6. Modify your inputs as often as your portfolio value changes, or other parts of your plan change and re-run the simulation.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 9.0 or later
* 3.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Cu Parachute 1.1 is just $2.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies), and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category.
Purchase and Download
YouTube Video (Millennial Retirement)
YouTube Video (Three vs Four Percent Withdrawal)
Based in Tucson, Arizona, Bradley McCarthy is an independent developer whose focus is on the iOS platform. All Material and Software (C) 2016 Bradley McCarthy / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries