Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is pleased to release version 5.2.3 of Default Folder X today. This update of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs adds support for the ForkLift file manager. ForkLift users can now click on open windows behind a file dialog to immediately jump to the folder shown in that window. In addition, this release improves the speed of switching between folders in Open and Save dialogs, resolves a compatibility issue with the Magnet window management app, and addresses a number of reliability issues.
Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you quickly navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X speeds your workflow by making file management fast and efficient.
The changes in Default Folder X 5.2.3 include:
* ForkLift 3 is now supported by Default Folder X’s Finder-click feature
* Default Folder X’s folder switching within file dialogs is faster and more reliable
* The Recent Files menu will show all recent documents in apps that don’t have a native document type (like Trello)
* Default Folder X is now compatible with Magnet and BetterTouchTool
* Fixed a number of user interface inconsistencies, bugs and crashes
* Corrected compatibility issues with Microsoft Excel and Xcode
For a complete change history, visit the URL listed below.
* macOS 10.10 through 10.13
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 5.2.3 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this update.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2018 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, Macintosh, macOS and Finder are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.