Lyndeborough, New Hampshire – Pirate’s Moon, Inc. today is proud to announce the release of MyArtTools 1.1.3, an important update to their popular drawing app, created exclusively for use with the 12.9-inch iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil. MyArtTools allows artists to take full advantage of the precision of the Apple Pencil, with the large screen iPad Pro.
MyArtTools offers a large number of features that make it valuable as both an artistic tool, and a business tool. The app was developed to emulate real-life artistic media, including pastels, brushes, pencil, conte, and other mediums. The tools respond perfectly to the precision capabilities of the Apple Pencil/iPad Pro combination, which work together with MyArtTools to create a serious artist’s tool.
MyArtTools developer Richard Hoeper grew up along the water’s edge in a small town in Florida, exposed to a naturally beautiful environment which included expansive vistas of water, tropical sunrises and sunsets, and tropical foliage. His college studies earned him both a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a Bachelor of Information Science, and his development experience provided an ability to write code, allowing him to bring a unique approach to the creation of his drawing app.
“As a traditional artist with many years of experience, I wanted to bring to the tablet screen the equivalent of my drawing pad with virtual tools that suited me, including pastels, brushes, conte and other media. Various applications I’d tried didn’t satisfy this desire,” says Richard. “When the iPad 2 was released in 2011, I developed a proof-of-concept for a drawing app, but was frustrated when trying to create precision drawing tools for use with a finger as a drawing tool. When the iPad Pro and the Apple Pencil debuted, I knew my dreams had come true.”
As an artistic tool, the app offers:
* 16 Drawing, sketching and painting tools
* Multiple drawing layers
* Ability to import images from the iPad Photos Album
* Ability to capture images with the iPad’s built-in cameras
* Share creations via Email, Text Messages, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Weibo
Business users will appreciate the following features:
* The ability to create multi-layered presentations
* Presentations shared wirelessly to Apple TV via AirPlay
* Rapidly prototype designs
* Extensive help files included
MyArtTools offers sixteen drawing/painting tools in the Tool Panel in addition to utility tools, like selection, eraser, eye dropper and color pickers. A good number of the app’s tools require the precision of the Apple Pencil, including the Pencil, Pen, Pastel, Brush, Conte, Spray Can, and Free Form Shape tools.
What’s New in Version 1.1.3:
* Pencil tool smoothing is improved
* Pencil tool offers velocity control (see help files for full description)
* Minor bug fixes for the Tool Properties panel
* Image Panel: correctly adds portrait-oriented front-camera zoomed-images
* Image Panel: correctly adds portrait-oriented rear-camera zoomed-images
* Image Panel: canvas added-image-placement now mirrors editing-placement
* Revised and simplified combining visible layers in the Layers Panel
* Overview how-to video is available
“I’m proud of the results of my work, the application’s tools look quite similar to what can be found on canvas or paper in any artist’s studio,” continues Richard. “The app had humble beginnings as a Flash app, and has finally come into its own with the availability of the big-screen iPad Pro and it’s Apple Pencil accessory. It has taken more than a year to create the app in Swift, and to refine it down to the artistic tools that this app offers. I will continue to refine the app until it takes its well-deserved place among the top artist’s tools available on the iPad Pro.”
* 12.9-inch iPad Pro
* Requires iOS 10.1 or later
* 28.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MyArtTools 1.1.3 is only $4.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment and Social Networking categories. Potential buyers of the app should note that MyArtTools requires a 12.9-inch iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, as some of the drawing tools included in the app are too small to respond properly to a finger touch. Review copies are available upon request to members of the press.
Pirate’s Moon, Inc., of Lyndeborough, NH, was founded in 1986 to provide interactive multimedia development services. Pirate’s Moon’s Internet address is www.piratesmoon.com. Copyright (C) 2017 Pirate’s Moon, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad Pro, and Apple Pencil are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Peter Arnell has excepted to be a judge on Archisketch Drawing Contest - February 23, 2018
- FxFactory Releases Rips Plugins for Final Cut Pro X - February 23, 2018
- Prizmo Go 2.0 hits the App Store – Instant Text OCR for iPhone and iPad - February 22, 2018