Bonn, Germany – Norbert M. Doerner today released NeoFinder 7.1, the first major update for NeoFinder 7. The new version includes much enhanced video cataloging, better workflow integration (“Open with…” menu and lossless image rotation), integrated Dropbox cataloging, cataloging of APFS file system and HEIC photo in macOS High Sierra, and full support for Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer.
NeoFinder 7.1 is a free update to all NeoFinder 7.x users.
NeoFinder 7.x is a paid upgrade to licensed users of NeoFinder 6.x and the old CDFinder, upgrade price starting at 19 Euros. New licenses start at 29 Euros for a NeoFinder Private License.
New features and enhancements of NeoFinder 7.1:
* NeoFinder can now read and write metadata for Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer. Including ratings, keywords, and the other Adobe XMP fields. So the long wait for the promised Affinity DAM is finally over!
* NeoFinder now catalogs previews from Affinity Photo files if this software is installed
* NeoFinder can now open any files with any programs, if they understand the file format. As in the Finder, there is an “Open With …” menu that displays all available programs for a file
* NeoFinder can rotate images lossless in 90 increments, and also refresh the preview in the catalog for these
* Significantly improved cataloging of video files. NeoFinder now uses the new AVFoundation framework from Apple. This will support newer codecs, and read metadata and thumbnails better and faster
* Full support for the movie metadata written by AppleTV and programs such as Subler.app, including cover art, descriptions, actors, directors, producers, etc.
* NeoFinder can now catalog the complete contents of a Dropbox, download files, rename and delete files and folders on that Dropbox for you
* In macOS High Sierra, NeoFinder can now catalog thumbnails and metadata from HEIC files
* The catalog LIBRARY can now be sorted by name, free memory, modification date and size of the volume using the context menu
* The cataloging of Time Machine Backups now finally recognizes the very unusual aliases used by Apple, and can filter them out on request
* NeoFinder 7.1 supports the new APFS file system from Apple (for the upcoming macOS High Sierra) completely during cataloging and other actions
* If desired, NeoFinder now automatically adds all new keywords to the global keyword list, and allows you to enter only keywords from that controlled vocabulary when you type it
* The search for media files in folders and all subfolders (in the context menu) can now be applied to multiple folders simultaneously
* NeoFinder can now catalog larger TAR archive files containing data in the “ustar” format
* Fixed bug when reading Finder labels
* Reading the file kind as text in the display and finding has now become much faster
* NeoFinder now catalogs existing XMP sidecar files for RED movie files
* When reading the metadata from ffmpeg, NeoFinder now reads the fps
* The Apple ProRes codecs “Apple ProRes 422 High Quality”, etc. are now displayed correctly in the Inspector
* In general, reading files has become much faster
* Improves the progress of cataloging when reading content from archives and disk images
* In the display and the export, paths are no longer displayed with the old “:” separator, but with the newer “/”
* With a new “hidden” setting, you can have NeoFinder use a different temporary folder during cataloging. This is useful when the Mac has been booted from a small SSD on which there is not much free space
* The ID3 comment can now also be displayed in the List View in a new column
* The Web Gallery Export now works in a demo variant without a business license, so you can better try out this useful feature
* In Detail View, you can now open an object with the Command-Down arrow key combination
* NeoFinder now detects external changes in separate “XMP Sidecar” files when updating a catalog
* Bug fixed when reading the version information from certain program packages
* Significant improvements when updating the database folder or the catalog file is write-protected. Then there are better error messages
* Many other improvements and minor corrections
* NeoFinder 7.1 requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later
Cataloging – NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos. NeoFinder also edits Adobe XMP data, including keywords. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, text files, and even audio files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Networking – Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Mobile – Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
Integration – Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging – Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays amazing facts about any geolocation in the unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1996, more than 72,000 customers in 100 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organise their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, Manowar, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Requires Mac OS X v10.7 – macOS Sierra 10.12
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 7.x is a paid upgrade to licensed users of NeoFinder 6.x and CDFinder, upgrade price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, Extensis Portfolio, and more) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 1991-2017 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- Portland Cardiologist Launches New Heart Attack Prevention App - March 22, 2018
- SoundMeter X Succeeds the Original iPhone Sound Level Meter - March 22, 2018
- Output Factory for InDesign Is Now Available on the New Adobe Exchange - March 21, 2018