Singapore – Basil Salad Software today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Rooster 1.0, a wake-on-LAN solution for the Apple TV. Rooster brings network devices out of standby for easy access to media servers from the living room.
Rooster is best used with a network-attached storage (NAS) device that serves media files to the Apple TV. Users can now aggressively schedule these NAS’ up-time to keep them online only on times when they are expected to be in use (e.g. weekday evenings and weekend daytimes). On other times, users can wake up the device as needed from the Apple TV using Rooster. This would save electricity and prolong the lifetime of those media servers.
Features and Benefits:
* Send Wake-on-LAN signals to bring devices on the local network out of standby/hibernation
* Automatically discover network devices and their ethernet addresses via Bonjour
* View status of all network devices from the Apple TV home screen
Unlike the competition, Rooster does not require users to painstakingly type in MAC addresses (Media Access Control, also known as ethernet address) to wake up the target device. This is most useful on the Apple TV where typing hexadecimal numbers is a difficult task to achieve using its remote.
* Apple TV 4th generation
* tvOS 10.2 or later
* Wake-on-LAN compliant network devices
* 15.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Rooster 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Coupon codes for free download would be available to all members of the media upon request. We are offering all members of the media a free copy of Rooster for review purposes. Further information can also be found online in the Company Pressroom. For more information, please contact Sasmito Adibowo.
Basil Salad Software is an independent operations with the vision of creating delicious software for everyday use. We believe that good software should be simple, fun, and easy to use. We are offer software for iOS, macOS, and tvOS. Copyright (C) Basil Salad Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Fandom Fare
Latest posts by FandomFare (see all)
- YouLudi 1.0.2 released for iOS – Cultural Event Sharing App - February 16, 2018
- Introducing Math Mathews Fractions for iOS – Innovative Adventure Game - February 16, 2018
- Default Folder X 5.2.2 improves speed, adds features and fixes bugs - February 16, 2018