Smoovie for iPad v2.0 – Stop Motion Animation for Education and HomeMay 30, 2017
Inverurie, United Kingdom – Open Planet Software today is pleased to introduce Smoovie for iPad (v2.0), their popular stop motion animation app for education. They’ve been working with schools to make Smoovie even easier to use and version 2.0 contains many exciting UI improvements including a crisp, modern design.
Now you can use Green Screen to set your movie against any background of your choice. Walk on the moon, trek through the jungle, explore the bottom of the ocean … the possibilities are endless! This was a very popular request!
Smoovie for iPad is a professional stop motion animation app with a unique user interface based on scenes and frames, designed to make it easy for kids to tell stories in a fun way.
Plus, all the great features that make Smoovie perfect for stop motion animation in the classroom: instant playback, record your own audio, scenes and frames, onion skinning, add music, teacher resources, exporting in HD and more. Used by Apple Distinguished Educators around the world.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Instant Playback – No rendering means you can instantly play back your work each time you make a change to your project, without having to wait.
* Green Screen – Set your movie against any background of your choice. You can make your characters fly or walk on the moon. Wherever your imagination takes you!
* In-app Teacher Resources – Download and print right from inside the app. Storyboard, scene script, character profile, set design and props list templates. Example cross-curriculum lesson plans and stop motion animation techniques all ensure you have enough resources to get your pupils planning their projects and animating in no time.
* Onion Skinning – Possibly the most important feature of a stop motion animation app. It helps the animator to perfect the tiny adjustments required between frames and create the illusion of smooth motion in the finished movie. The live camera feed is made semi-transparent and superimposed onto the previous frame taken, so it’s easy to see where to place your objects for the next shot.
* Record your own voiceover or import a soundtrack – Pupils can plan and record their own audio right into their project, or browse the iPad’s music library to choose the perfect soundtrack.
* Scenes – Arranging content into scenes is a fundamental part of the professional film-making process, and Smoovie is the only stop motion app that lets you do this. Each scene has an independently adjustable playback speed (from 1 to 30 frames per second) allowing you to vary the pace and mood of your animation. You can add new scenes, cut unwanted scenes, capture new action into existing scenes and drag scenes around to change the running order – all with full undo support so you’re safe to experiment.
* Frames Filmstrip – With a quick swipe gesture you move from the scene list to the virtual filmstrip which contains all the individual frames of the project, arranged by scene. Another fundamental part of professional film-making is the ability to edit projects right down at individual frame level. Cut, copy and paste frames, drag frames from one scene to another and even copy frames from other Smoovie projects, all with full undo support.
* Create, copy and paste from other apps – Open up a whole new world of creative possibilities for making content for your animations. Copy and paste content from the Photos app, create titles with Keynote or turn sketches from your favourite drawing app into cartoons.
* Extend the creativity – Smoovie makes it easy to export your animations to be used as content for other apps. You could write your own soundtrack in GarageBand or add some opening effects in iMovie.
* Share – Export your animations in HD to the Camera Roll on your iPad and use any of the share options available to you there, or transfer to your Mac or PC. And if you’ve got Apple TV, you can display your masterpieces on television with AirPlay Mirroring.
“We’ve been working with schools to make Smoovie even more perfect for stop motion animation in the classroom” explains designer and developer Gavin MacLean. “We know that stop motion animation is invaluable in promoting deeper learning right across the curriculum and it’s important that the kids have fun while they learn. That is why we’ve added Green Screen to this new version of Smoovie for iPad, as well as a fantastic new UI with some exciting new features. We hope you’ll love it!”
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 10.0 or later
* 34.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Smoovie Stop Motion 2.0 is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photos & Video category. Promo Codes are available to members of the press. For more information, please contact Karen MacLean.
Located in tranquil Inverurie, United Kingdom, Open Planet Software is a small, privately held company founded in 2007 by Gordon Murrison and Gavin MacLean to create software for macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. They are proud to be Scottish developers with a passion to instill every app they design with Apple’s principles of simplicity and elegance. Equally important is that their apps are solid and reliable, and ultimately deliver a great user experience. Driven by fanatical attention to detail, Open Planet Software embraces industry leading software engineering practices to ensure their applications meet the exacting standards expected by the Apple community. Copyright (C) 2007-2017 Open Planet Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.